Chapter 15

Hey guys! I updated so soon because I love you all and I will be busy for the next few days until the end of January because school will be starting again after our semestral break. And this is just a short chapter because I really rushed this.

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

Chapter 15: I'd Lie

Selena's POV

I tried making up excuses to not to go to the party because it means underage drinking. I'm not even legal!

We were 10 at the production plus some of the actors, and Justin and Zayn tagged along as well. So we're at least 20 people.

We went to Steph's house since her parents are out of town and her house is basically five times larger than mine. They brought out some beer, wine and a karaoke.

Those who doesn't want to drink just sat in front of us and sang songs. I was sitting beside Justin, who was drinking beer, but I was only pouring the shots on their shot glasses.

Perrie and Zayn are sitting beside each other, hands intertwined and ogling at each other like some lovesick poodle. I am hurt, I am jealous. Believe it or not, I tried holding back but the more that I resist, the more I fall for him. And I thought that I was used to the pain. The pain of seeing them together is like millions of darts piercing through my heart.

I didn't even noticed that I was already drinking. Justin is trying to stop me but why? Why does he even care? I was already broken and here he is. Trying to fix me like I'm some broken rag doll.

"Selly? Are you drinking?" Perrie came to me looking worried.

I laughed at myself. I can't hate my best friend. She's just too nice. She will be in the middle of my mess again. And I don't want to cause her a suffering the second time around. It's just too much for her and for me.

Perrie's POV

"Noooppppeeee. Why would I drink? Relax, Pee. Stop being so paranoid.." She said groggily at me while laughing.

"And you're not drunk in that state? Justin, how many shots did she took in already?"

"Eight? Or Nine." Justin said looking worried at Selena. Oh boy, if only he didn't hurt her before, they could've still be together.

"Do you think that your alcohol tolerance is high, woman? Hey! Answer me! Stop drinking, Selena." I hissed angrily at her. She's acting a tad bit weird. I held her hand when she was about to drink another shot but she restrained and struggled.

"What do you want? Tch. I'm only drinking for the first time, and you're forbidding me? I want to drink all my problems away alright?! Leave me alone!" She screamed at me.

"Problems? What problems?"

She opened her mouth but stopped when someone called her. "Selena! It's your song already."

Selena's POV

I stood up and walked past Perrie to sing in front of them. I never thought that I would do this. Earlier, I don't even have the guts to go near the karaoke but here I am, holding the mic while waiting for the song. Thanks to the power of alcohol plus pain of being broken-hearted.

I don't think that passenger seat
Has ever looked this good to me
He tells me about his night
And I count the colors in his eyes
He'll never fall in love he swears
As he runs his fingers through his hair
I'm laughing 'cause I hope he's wrong
And I don't think it ever crossed his mind
He tells a joke, I fake a smile
But I know all his favorite songs
And...

I kept on laughing at my self. I know that I'm out of tune since the others were quiet, just simply looking at me, shocked. My horrible voice made them speechless. But I don't really care. I can't scream, or cry, or even destroy anything that I could get my hands on. Music is my escape.

I could tell you his favorite color's green
He loves to argue, born on the seventeenth
His sister's beautiful, he has his father's eyes
And if you asked me if I love him,
I'd lie

He looks around the room
Innocently overlooks the truth
Shouldn't a light go on?
Doesn't he know that I've had him memorized for so long?
He sees everything black and white
Never let nobody see him cry
I don't let nobody see me wishing he was mine

I was really good at hiding my feelings. No one noticed. Or no one really give a damn. I looked at Zayn in his eyes, for the first time for so long. It felt like home. He was looking at me. I can't read him this time, unlike before.

He stands there, then walks away
My god if I could only say,
"I'm holding every breath for you..."

Just a little bit more, this song would fit into us. This is why I chose this song.

He'd never tell you but he can play guitar
I think he can see through everything but my heart
First thought when I wake up
Is "My god, he's beautiful."
So I put on my make-up
And pray for a miracle

I could laugh at the accuracy of the verse. I stopped laughing and didn't realize that tears were forming in my eyes.

Yes, I could tell you his favorite color's red
He loves to argue, oh, born on the twelfth
His sister's beautiful, he has his mother's eyes
And if you asked me if I love him
If you asked me if I love him
I can't lie

I unconsciously changed the lyrics while the tears were streaming down my face. The people who were laughing at me earlier are now staring at me. Sympathising at me.

I was holding the mic, the next song was already starting but no one dared to move. No one dared to break the silence.

Only my sobs could be heard.

"I'm exhausted. Tired and hurt." I looked at Zayn, his face blank, which made me cry harder. "I'm tired of lying. Lying about my feelings. Lying to myself, my friends, and to you, Zayn. I love you so much Zayn. I never want this to happen. I don't want to love you. I didn't mean to fall in love with you. I'm sorry. I'm really, really sorry." Every word. Every single word that comes out from my mouth, it hurts me like hell. I bit myself to stop a loud cry from escaping. "If only I didn't fall for you, I wouldn't be hurting this much. Please.. Let me forget you. Do me a favour and stay away from me. Help me forget you Zayn. I want to forget you. Please.." My last words came out as a whisper as I broke down crying my heart out. The echo of the mic has shaken up everyone and Justin and my friends came to me, helping me up. Everyone except Perrie.

☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠☠

Hi! So the song is I'd Lie by Taylor Swift. Listen to it on youtube, I can't put on media for I only used my phone on typing this.

I really hope you would comment coz it really means a lot to me. And tell me what's not good in my story so I could improve my writing more. I really want to be a writer but meh, so I just want to receive criticisms from you. I promise I'll be a sport. xoxo

DONT FORGET TO

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

VOTE

COMMENT

VOTE

COMMENT :)

AND BE A FAN IF YOU LIKE :)

Love lots,

<ShimmerEcstasy>

X

.