~ 17 ~

19:24

October 31st, Saturday

**✿❀  Kit  ❀✿**

Hearing the doorbell ring, I jump off the couch yelling "I got it!", as I run towards the door, practically flying.

I could barely contain myself from excitement. The first party! That I've ever been invited to! 

"Why, hello there, PoPo!" I say grinning, opening the door to a familiar golden brown haired boy.

He's wearing a simple turquoise shirt with baggy jeans, and he's wringing his hands.

"Minecraft Steve?" I ask, jokingly. That's when I notice his face.

"Hi Kit. You look nice?" he whispers, voice cracking. He's sweating slightly and his hands shake a little bit as he waves at me. 

"You good?" I ask him, eyebrows furrowed, immediately concerned.

"Yeah, it's- I've just. Never met a friend's parents before! Like, recently!" he admits, laughing a little.

"Lighten up! My parents are super chill, trust me," I assure him, smiling. "And all you have to do is say hi!"

He smiles at me, his shaking lessening. 

"I suppose you're right," he says, dropping his hands to his sides and sighing.

"You good? Can I call th--?" I'm about to ask, before I feel a sudden force push my back lightly, squealing.

"OH, wow!! Hello!" my mom excitedly greets PoPo, gently pushing me aside. "You must be Pat? My daughter talks about you so much!"

"MOOOMMM!" I groan, putting a hand on her shoulder. 

Yes, I talked about him a lot. Of course I did. He was one of the only people to actually hang out with me and... just me.

"H- hello! Mrs. Choyce!" Police Hat greets her back, obviously taken aback by her enthusiasm. 

Nobody. Is ever ready enough for my dear mother.

"Hello Pat," my dad says from behind me, having finally arrived.

"Hello sir!" Police Hat greets him, smiling nervously.

"I'm so glad you're walking with Kit. Keep her safe, will you?" he asks, smiling and trying to seem gentle. This was difficult since my dad was a boulder of a man. He literally towered over all three of us and he was pretty muscular too.

I've always thought this was super funny, considering, well. My dad's a middle school English teacher. 

I've never been in his class but I always try to imagine how his classes might go when I need a good laugh.

"Of course!" PoPo replies, somehow looking more at ease.

"Okay guys!! We'll be going now!" I yell out, grabbing PoPo by the arm. I was not liking the direction this conversation was going with the whole "keep her safe" business.

"Oh! We could always drive you..." my mom muses, hand on her cheek. She obviously wanted to talk to PoPo more. 

Feeling PoPo tense up slightly, I yell out, "Aha! No thank you, parents! I'll be fine, I swear. We're going now! For real! Love you guys!" 

I gently pull PoPo along with me, as I sprint to the sidewalk and turn a corner, out of sight from my parents. 

Seeing my parents retreat back into the house, I straighten up, turning to look at PoPo.