Fourteen

*SENSITIVE CONTENT*
Chapter fourteen| Cyrus
⚡️

"Your mother has had a mild heart attack but she is stable." A sigh of relief escapes my lips as the doctor informs me on my mother's welfare. "Has she been stressed a lot lately?"

I furrow my eyebrows and shake my head

"Not that I'm aware of." She slowly nods and looks at her clipboard.

"You'll be able to see her just give me a couple minutes." I nod and sit back down next to Marnie who has been really quiet all of a sudden.

"Pretty baby?" I whisper, trying to hold her hand but she pulls away. My heart drops. "Have I done something wrong?"

She stands up and gives me a small smile. "Let's just go and see your mother."

I stand up and look down at her. "Tell me what I've done wrong." I question sternly and she raises her eyebrows.

"I really don't think you want to do this here." She says blankly and turns to walk into my mother's hospital room.

I look at a confused Camil and he shrugs his shoulders, placing a cigarette behind his ear.

I walk into the room and smile at my mum who has already embraced Marnie in a tight hug. I cast a worry look to Marnie and my eyes widen when she just glares at me.

"Jeez mum, you trying to leave us so soon?" Camil smirks but our mother doesn't hesitate to wack him round the head.

"It's nothing." She waves off and I frown.

"Mum, you had a heart attack!" I exclaim and she rolls her eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere, silly boy! I need to see you and Marnie get married." I gulp and look at Marnie who is avoiding eye contact. "You proposed yet?"

"Slow down mum!" Camil say, saving me from answering. "You just focus on getting better for now." I stroke her hair and help her lay her back down.

We spend about half an hour with her before she checks the time.

"You guys go home. Amir is coming to see me later." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Who the hell is Amir?"

"Mum are you seeing someone?"

Camil and I say at the same time.

"You don't want your mama to be happy?" I raise my eyebrows at her. "I'm lonely when my boys aren't here, so I met Amir a few months ago.

"Is he treating you right?" Camil questions in a serious tone and she nods her head.

"Yes! Much better than....." She quickly pauses, glancing at Marnie who seems to just be gazing outside the window. "You know what I mean." She whispers.

"When can we meet him?"

"Not today. You'll scare him off, another time." I nod my head and lean down to kiss her forehead.

"Get well soon, we'll visit in the morning okay."

"Okay, son."

•••

"Marnie baby, speak to me." I sigh in frustration, watching her get ready for bed. "You haven't said a single thing to me since this morning. Did something happen when you went to get the towels? Did someone hurt you?"

I reach out for her and she flinches, pulling away, staring at me with wide eyes.

"Don't touch me." She whispers and my heart clenches.

"Baby." I whisper in shock. "What's going on?"

"Who's Samantha?" She tilts her head and my blood runs cold. I take a seat on the edge of the bed and release a shaky breath.

"H-How do you know about her?" I stutter.

"You lied to me Cyrus! That woman at the restaurant was Samantha, you told me you didn't know who she was but then today I find out that the two of you were supposed to get married?!" She shouts and I clench my jaw looking away from her hard stare.

"You don't understand, Marnie. She's not a good person." I mutter and I hear her scoff.

"Well that's funny because she told me that you weren't a good person and that I'm not safe." My head snaps up to her and I feel myself starting to get angry that she thinks I could hurt her.

"You are safe with me, Marnie! I would never hurt you!" I growl out and she bites her lip, her eyes beginning to water.

"Why have you been lying to me? You said you had never been in a rlestionship and then I found out you were engaged." She whispers in hurt.

I take a deep breath and reach out for her hand. She hesitates but places her soft hand in mine.

"I never wanted to be with her, Marnie. Her family was struggling financially and her father and my own were good friends." I sigh, caressing her hand, avoiding eye contact with her.

"Arranged marriage?" I nod at her words.

"I tried to give her chance. I thought she was a nice girl until she started becoming violent." Marnie gasps and her hand tightens around mine. "She could tell I didn't really want to be with her, she knew I could never love her so she began to hit me. I'd never hit a woman so I just took it."

"Cyrus." Marnie whispers, I look up at her and see silent tears run down her face.

"It be like once a week and then it would happen once a day. There was this one time she pulled out a knife." I flinch when she places her hand on my chest, she casts me a questioning look and I nod my head.

"She gave you this scar?" My baby whimpers and I lift her hand up and kiss it. "I'm sorry, baby." She whimpers, pulling me into a hug. I rest my head on her stomach, feeling my own eyes begin to water.

"You're the only person I've ever felt this way about. You make me feel like I'm worth something, you make me feel safe." I clutch onto her t-shirt as she strokes my hair.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you, Cyrus and I'm sorry you had to go through all of that." She lifts my head up and brushes the tears from my cheek with her thumbs. "You're so brave." She smiles.

I smile and sit her down so she's straddling my lap.

"You're the best thing that has happened to me, pretty baby. What Samantha and I had wasn't a relationship and that's why I told you I had never been in one before." She nods in understanding.

"Does your mother and brother know about the abuse?" She questions and I nod my head.

"Mother went ballistic, so did Camil." I lightly chuckle. "I care about you so much, Marnie."

"I care about you too." She giggles, wiping her own tears away. "I really want to hurt Samantha."

"She didn't hurt you when you spoke right?" I panic, checking her body for any injuries.

"She didn't touch me, don't worry." A sigh of relief escapes my lips and I nod.

I stare up at her and she stares down at me.

"Let me make love to you, pretty baby."

A/N
Our poor baby🥺🤍