Something Clicked

Blue.

The oceanic blue in his eyes stood out against everything else.

Though it should've meant nothing.

It should have.

Jo and the pianist got off the stage and Charlie quickly approached them, Dean following suit. He didn't know who the pianist was, but he wanted to find out.

"Oh my god, Jo!" Charlie exclaimed, kissing her lover. "You. Are. Awesome!"

Jo chuckled. "I know!"

While they laughed, Dean got a good look at the pianist. His dark, wild hair was stuck out in all different directions. Which was a good look for him honestly. His lips were a tad chapped, and they looked rough to the touch. It was a strange way to think of someone you don't know, but Dean couldn't help himself.

And he kept finding himself lost in a swarm of crystal blue.

There was only one word here.

Angelic.

"Dean?" Charlie brought him back to earth.

Dean tore his eyes away from the boy, clearing his throat. "Erm... what?"

"I said this is my girlfriend, Jo." She chuckled.

"Oh. Um... hi." He greeted awkwardly.

"Dean," Jo smiled. "I've heard quite a bit about you."

Dean nodded. "Yeah. I've, uh, heard of you too."

"And this is my best friend of all time, Castiel." She referred to the blue eyed pianist.

Castiel. Such a bold name. Like the classic knight in shining armor in a fairytale.

"Uh... hi, Castiel." Dean greeted him.

"Please, call me Cas."

Cas. Indescribable.

"Um... I'm Dean. But you probably knew that." He chuckled awkwardly. It was all awkward.

Cas laughed softly. "Yes, I gathered that."

Quick, you idiot. Say something. "I-I love your singing," He rushed. "You know, the, uh, the singing you did up there. It was... really great. It was... great." Nice move, egghead.

Cas laughed again. "Thanks. I'm not one for public performances, but Jo wouldn't have it any other way."

Jo slapped his shoulder. "Shut up!" She laughed.

"Well, you're great. Really great. And the-the piano, well... that was... it was...-"

"Great?" Cas finished.

"Uh yeah." He laughed.

All of a sudden, they heard someone talk into the microphone onstage. "Can I have everyone's attention, please? Your pal, Corbett here. It's time to grab a partner, 'cause we're getting ready for the slow dance. This is for all you happy couples out there."

They began to play a kinda old song on a speaker system. Dean didn't know what song it was, but he was liking the sound of it.

"If they have a speaker system, why have a piano?" He asked Cas.

Cas shrugged. "I dunno. Lovely coincidence though, isn't it?"

"A lovely coincidence, indeed."

"How do I,

Get through one night without you?"

Dean offered his hand to Cas. "Care to dance?" He smiled. Obviously, he normally wouldn't do this, but he figured what the hell. It is a gay rights thing anyway.