The Reason That Doors Have Locks

The following morning, Gabe woke up and remembered that it was Sunday. He had to wake Cas up so he could go to this get-together he went to every week. He had to wake Cas up since he couldn't wake himself up. Really. Alarm clocks never worked either.

He got out of bed and opened the door to Cas's room, and he found his little brother wrapped in a blanket, coddling the biggest jock in school right at the foot of his bed. They were both asleep, unaware he was standing there. Dean was resting on his back with Cas's head on his chest. Dean's arm was wrapped around Cas's shoulders and Cas had his arm draped across Dean's torso.

Gabe recalled his conversation with Cas the previous night. Was this the date?

While Cas might have said it wasn't a date, Gabe knew better. Of course, he wasn't expecting it to be a guy. He always had a feeling that Cas might've been... well, playing for the other team, but still. It was a rather unexpected turn of events he just walked into.

He wasn't sure what to do. The two halves of his brain were in conflict. One side was like, "Just wake him up and ask him about Dean freaking Winchester being in his room with him with as much maturity as you can manage." But the other half was like, "Dude, put his hand in warm water!" And he had to admit; the latter was much more tempting.

But, he decided to try and maintain himself. Which roughly translates to not bursting into hysterical laughter.

He tapped Cas on the shoulder three times. "Cas," He spoke softly. He didn't even stir. Gabe tapped him again, a tiny bit more roughly. "Cas," He spoke slightly louder this time. Cas shifted a little, gripping Dean's shirt. Gabe leaned in toward Cas's ear, tapping him three times once again, and yelled, "CAS!"

Cas jerked awake, Dean awakening with him. "Cas, what is it?" He muttered. They both laid eyes on a rather amused Gabriel and the answer was clear.

Gabe smirked down at them. "Mornin', boys."

"Um, Cas," Dean murmured. "Is this your-"

"Brother. Yeah. Gabriel. Gabe, this is-"

"Dean Winchester! I know! What, you think I don't watch our football games? I've seen him play."

"Oh," Dean nodded a bit awkwardly. "That's nice. Um... nothing happened here, okay man? We were just watching a movie, and we fell asleep. That's it."

"I don't remember being wrapped in a blanket." Cas muttered, causing Dean to blush.

"Okay," Gabe interrupted. "Before anyone says anything else; Cas, today's Sunday. You gotta go to that thing."

"Oh! I completely forgot about that!"

"Wait, what thing?" Dean asked.

"It's nothing, but I gotta go. Gabe, get out."

"Your wish is my command." He replied sarcastically, bowing as though Cas were a king. And with that, he decided to go back to bed.

"Cas, what's the thing?" Dean asked.

Cas scrambled to his feet. "Nothing. It's nothing. But I'm gonna be late, so." He started putting his shoes on, tying his laces haphazardly.

"Doesn't seem like nothing."

"Well, it just... it doesn't concern you, okay? It's just a thing."

"How long will it take?"

"Usually about an hour, hour and a half give or take. Why?"

Dean shrugged. "Just curious."

Cas got his shoes tied and looked over at Dean. "Dean... did you... this is gonna sound stupid and pointless, but did you... wrap me in the blanket last night?"