Chapter 1- {Amara}

"Hello, George Housing, how may I help you? "

"Hello, my name is Amara, I would like your assistance with finding a one bedroom apartment in Cape Town. In an environment with students, only if you that is possible"
I don't want to sound like a rich spoiled brat who want everything done their way whether the matter is important or not. There is nothing more annoying than a rich kid demanding things.

"Let me have a look and I will get to you in a minute" said the lady on the other side of the line. I could hear her humming to herself, I don't think she knows that I can hear her.
I hope she finds a place for me because I can't stand staying here any longer. I need to leave, start my life anew.

"Just your luck Miss Amara I found a beautiful place for you, " I got excited at hearing what she said. Oh thank the heavens. "but the place is a student two bedrooms apartment, this meaning you will be sharing this place with another student who will stay with you. The place is in a safe environment which means the cost is 5000 Rand's in total but because you will be sharing with someone the rent you will pay will only be 2500 Rand's a month, Now Miss Amara is this OK with you? " I sighed not sure whether I was pleased or worried. I guess I can afford the place I would just need to have a second job to pay it off continuously.
After a second of thought I answered the lovely lady's question and said I would love to stay there. Finally moving forward with my life, I hope my dad would be proud of me following my dreams.

I ended the call and sat on my bed. I brought my pillow to my face and started screaming because I was so excited. After my little drama queen moment I started to pack my clothes into my big black travel bag and my small Versace travel bag, a gift from my Aunt in England.
"Ma can I please have my plane ticket, I'm getting ready to leave. " I carried my bags out to see my little brother playing his video games on the television.
"Bye Ayanda" I snuck up behind him and kissed his forehead, left and right cheek. He paused his game and turned around with disgust written on his face.

"Amara you are so gross, you know I nearly lost the ball."
I popped my hip out and put my hand on it. He doesn't even care that I will be gone for a long time, I may not even come home. Not even to visit, that's how much I hate this place.
"So the game is more important than your sister leaving? " I lifted my eyebrow and pouted. He got off of the couch and came and squeezed me tight around the waist. I hugged him back knowing very well that I will miss him and mum the most. I felt a tear fall down my face. Ayanda pulled away from me and I could see he too had shed a few tears, we may argue but I'll always love this guy.

"Amara why are you leaving me here alone? How will I cope without you?" As he said that my eyes started to swell with tears. I hate that I'm leaving him alone, I just need to go and start my life. "I promise when you finish school you can live with me ok?" He looked done and I could hear him sniffle "Ok?" I said again and lifted his head to look into his eyes. He nodded his head and I squeezed him again.

"Ok Amara do you have everything thing dear? Toiletry bag? Handbag? Laptop bag? Sho.."
"Mum I have everything, don't stress .
She helped me put all my luggage in the *Boot while I said my last goodbyes to my little brother.
"Don't forget to Skype ok?" I nodded not being able to say ok because I feared I'd cry again.

Sitting in the Über cab alone I looked out the window at the passing trees the the small town shops and as I looked ahead of me saw the airport. A smile appeared on my face and I new that my life is going to change and hopefully for the better.

-------------------------------------------------
The photo of the girl is Amara, her real name is Cydnee Black.
*Boot is a trunk in South Africa :)
Hey there guys 😊, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter as it was kind of hard coming up with something to introduce you guys to Amara with because she is a very private type of person.
Anyway I hope you enjoyed it
Don't forget to vote and comment I would like your opinions on the first chapter.