Chapter 3 {Amara}

I walk out of the airport. Smelling the fresh air of Cape Town, seeing the sun setting slowly into the distance behind the big mountain called the Table mountain as I called a cab to come and fetch me and take me to the University apartments. After ten minutes a car arrives in front of me and the window rolls down.

" Are you Ms Baker?"

I lift up my hand bag and nod putting a small smile on my face.

"ok, miss where am I taking you?"

I told the driver where I was heading, put my luggage in the boot of the car and got inside.

I put my head against the window and and watched as the trees passed by and I watched people living their lives. I saw a cute small family walking into a restaurant all smiling, the woman caring their little baby and the husband holding the little girls hand, they looked so happy and cute that it kind of reminded me of my family. Well used to be my family before my Father left us for a young girl in Johannesburg. I hated him for that. A smile slowly crept on my face as I saw the apartment I was going to be staying in. I thought about what the lady had said on the phone about my roommate, and I started to wonder if she is going to be nice or really rude. I only hoped for the best as the driver took my bags out of the boot and waved good bye after I paid for his service.

I turned around and picked up my handbag and suitcase, I froze as I looked at the beautiful apartment. The excitement showing clearly on my face I walked into the building and straight to the receptionist. It was a young guy maybe my age, he had dark brown hair and looked quite toned, I could only see his arms as he was sitting behind the desk. He looked up as I approached the front desk. He smiled and his dimples appeared.

"Hey, welcome to Frontview Court. My name is Scott, and you must be the angel from heaven that I asked for" he winked at me and smirked. I looked at him a bit shy as he just complimented me. I looked in my purse and pulled out the papers needed to confirm that I am going to be renting the apartment in this building.
"You're shy, that's a first." He analyzed me as I placed the papers on the desk. " where are you from..." He obviously wanted to know my name so I told him "um I'm Amara Baker, I'll be staying the one apartment, could you help me?"

He took the papers and looked at them, he then started to type something's into the computer, which took about 5 minutes.
"Ok Amara, which by the way is a beautiful name." He winked at me and passed me the papers " you are sorted and are on the system. If there are any problems you have a phone in the house to call down to the front desk, which by the way I work from 12:00-18:00 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays"
I giggled as I could see this guy, Scott was trying to flirt with me. "Um thank you Scott, " I looked down and fiddled with me hand bag handle, " could you maybe tell me what number my apartment is and where it is exactly, I don't really know my way around here." Blood rushed to my cheeks, thank goodness he couldn't tell that I was blushing. He got up and his top had risen a little, letting his abs show and I couldn't help but look at his stomach and then quickly looked down at my bag.

"Like what you see, angel face?" He lifted is grey top up even more showing his V-lines, pecks and abs. I looked down even more embarrassed, he chuckled and told me to follow him, we got into the elevator and stood in silence, awkward silence.

"Do you want me to carry your suitcase?"

I looked up startled by his deep voice, after our silence. I nodded my head and followed him out the elevator to my new apartment. I smiled a little, I was very excited.

" Well this is your place and, my next destination for vacation," he winked and smirked. I smiled at him blushing. " Thank you Scott, um see you around."

He left me alone to open my door to my new home. I took the key and put it in the key hole and opened my dark wooden door and entered a furnished apartment with a beautiful dining table and wooden coffee table, I didn't know the apartment came furnished. I guess that's why I paid a lot of money to start with.
I walked in and found a passage where there were three rooms, one was the bathroom. I decided I would pick a room since my roommate has not arrived yet. I walked into to the first one to the right of me and found a bed that has not bed made it was quite big , so I thought of going to the second room across this one and opened the door it was bigger then the first room and actually seem occupied by someone. I guess I was getting the other room. I didn't mind the room was bigger than my room back home.

I unpacked all my clothes into the closet and organized my clothes in the order I usually would. I took out the bedding I brought with and made my bed, likely I had a queen sized bed at home so the bedding fit perfectly. I had a black duvet with white stripes at the end of the bed, black pillows with big white pillows. My throw pillows were blue and green, my favourite colors.

As soon as I was done sorting my life out I went to the bathroom and put my cosmetics in the cabinet above the sink. When I closed it I looked at myself in the mirror, my eyes looking extremely blue today. I had let my hair down and curled it in loose curls. I tied my hair up as I was going to shower.

I came out the shower and went straight to my room. I moisturized my body and face then put on my really short Minnie Mouse pajama pants and a black shirt that my dad once owned. I opened my duvet and sheet and got right into bed. I pulled out my iPad and started to read a book I had found interesting a while back, but could never finish it.
My eyes became heavy and I started to fall asleep, I put my iPad away and closed my eyes ready for the next day.

-----------------------------------------------------
HEY GUYS!!😉
Another chapter in after a long time, I'm sorry guys it's been tough I had writers block in this chapter as it is just a filler. Amara is finally in her apartment, I wonder who the roommate is?!
Anyway love you guys and thank you so much for reading!!

15 votes 5 comments
(This is how I'm going to work from now on because school is getting serious, at the end of each chapter I'm going to request votes and comments so it makes it easier for me to update and it gives me time for my school work😉 )