Chapter 10

Ariana's POV (cont'd)

Liz had brought me home and went on her way. I didn't tell her about the text until I was sure that she was home. So many things were running through my head. I can't believe he played me for a fool. I couldn't do anything but scream inside. This was ridiculous. I texted Liz. Literally 30 seconds later she was on the phone.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN HIS GIRLFRIEND?"

"He texted me. And said his girlfriend found out. But I want to be with him."

"That's bullcrap."

Liz was silent for a few minutes. And then her end went silent. She was right. I just didn't want to admit it. I didn't know what to do so I called Avan.

"Hello?"

"Hey, can I talk to you?"

"Can it wait? I'm out with Tori."

"Sure..."

I hung up. I tried to hold the tears back. Was he already over me? He couldn't be. I thought he loved me. I was driving myself insane thinking about all of this stuff. I got another text. It was from Logan asking me to meet him outside. I went downstairs and onto my porch. There he was standing on my steps.

"Ari, I like you I really do. I want to be with you. And I know the dance is tomorrow night but I can't go."

"I can't go alone! How could you?"

"You're beautiful but I don't deserve someone like you."

"No you don't! Nobody does!"

"Well I can think of one guy that does."

"If it's Avan then you're wrong. He's moved on already."

"Only because you gave him reason to. I've gotta go. I'm sorry again. I really didn't mean to."

He kissed my cheek and left. I couldn't believe he left me. And I can't believe I was such an idiot. Avan was the only one I really wanted. He knew it. I knew it. Everyone did. What was I going to do?

Avan's POV

I had to lie to her. I didn't want to know what she wanted to talk about. What if she didn't want to be friends? What if she was going to tell me that we weren't going to get back together? There were just too many things she could have talked to me about. I don't even like Tori. I never will. I deserve someone better. I deserve her. I want her.

"Avan, Ariana's at the door!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE'S AT THE DOOR? Tell her I'm not home!"

"Avan that's rude!"

I ran down the stairs and saw her standing in the doorway. She looked beautiful. I just want to kiss her.

"I take it you don't want to see me Av."

"Uh, that's not it."

"Well, I just wanted to talk to you about something."

"Ari, I'm afraid I can't talk right now. I hope I'll see you at the dance tomorrow."

I closed the door and she was gone. What did I just do?