Chapter 26

"So how are we gonna keep him still for six weeks?" Hyunjin asked Changbin as they exited the doctor's office and walked to the elevator.

"Don't know, he's gonna go crazy." Hyunjin chuckled.

"Yeah, but he can go to school after a week. That will be good."

"I don't know. He's quite the clutz."

"Well he can't stay at your house forever."

"Eh, I wish, but at least I can keep an eye on him at school, who knows what he'd do if we left him at home by himself," Changbin raised his brows at Hyunjin and pushed the up button on the elevator.

"True. You'd probably come home to some weird things."

"I already come home to weird things. What are you talking about?" Hyunjin snickered, thinking about whatever Changbin's sister does before he gets home.

They entered the elevator, pressed the number three, and waited for the doors to close. Hyunjin's stomach dropped as the elevator went up, but it only lasted a moment as the doors opened and they were greeted by the familiar floor of sterile rooms.

"So we can just leave now?"

"You heard him. They still have to do the MRI, but as long as nothing is wrong there, we should be good." Hyunjin nodded as they neared Felix's room.

Felix was propped up on the bed, three pillows behind him.

"There you are! What were you doing? Your mom is like so mad right now!" Hyunjin raised his eyebrows at Felix waving his phone around.

"Really?" He snatched his phone and scrolled through the notifications, blocking out Felix ranting about his carelessness and 'how could you not check your phone for three hours?'

Hyunjin sighed, looking at the multiple texts asking where he was and what he was doing. She sounded more concerned than angry, but he would still get yelled at when he got home. What surprised him more were the texts from Jeongin and an unknown number, that identified itself as Taehyuk, asking the same things. She must be really worried.

He replied to Jeongin first, then his mother, completely ignoring Taehyuk. The reply from his mother was instantaneous, demanding that he call her. Hyunjin sighed loudly, getting his friends' attention.

"Everything okay?"

"I'll be right back." Hyunjin touched the small green phone on his screen and began to walk out of the room, but didn't quite get out before his friends heard a loud 'Hwang Hyunjin!' from the other end of the line.

Hyunjin leaned against the wall a few feet away from Felix's door, hoping they couldn't hear him as he spoke in hushed tones. They had too much to worry about as it was.

"I came to take care of a friend... yes... I'm sorry, I was distracted... Okay, okay! I'll tell you next time... Sorry... I know... I will. We're leaving soon... Okay... Bye, Mom... Love you too." Hyunjin quickly pushed the red button to end the call, dropping his hand to his side, his chin hitting his chest and his eyes closing.

"Was she mad?" Hyunjin jerked his head up to see Changbin playing with his fingers.

"No, just worried."

"Sorry, I shouldn't have made you come."

"You didn't do anything, I chose to come."

"Can you still stay at my place?" Hyunjin's head tilted in frustration.

"Oh, crap. I forgot about that!" Changbin stepped closer and put a hand on Hyunjin's forearm.

"You should go home."