Chapter 33: Apple Juice Is Better

Mia Jones POV:

It's the warmth that encumbers me which awakes me from my heavy sleep.

My eyes slowly open to reveal an unfamiliar environment, glazed with the haze of having just woken up. I reach for my face to wipe the sleep away, but am stopped by the heavy arms wrapped around me.

I squirm in my seat as I move my head to see Matteo holding me close to him. And even worse, he's awake...

His dark eyes penetrate mine, and he seems to be searching for something within me. Though I don't give him much time to look as I avert my eyes to anywhere else and continue to attempt to move away from him.

"Let me go." I groan as the memories from prior come flooding back into my brain in the form of one massive headache.

Matteo drugged me. He's taking me to Japan.

I let out a quiet whimper. "Let me go." I say firmer as I gain more access to the movement of my limbs. Reluctantly Matteo loosens his grip on me and I stumble from his arms.

My ears and head hurt. There's a pressure that won't go away, and I hold onto my head hoping that time will get rid of it.

As I look more over my surroundings, I realise where I am.

I'm on a plane.

Seats line the edges of the cabin, all leather and recliner. It's a private jet, and occupied by what I can tell only Matteo, Dante and I.

Dante sits a few seats away, looking on his phone.

I turn back to Matteo who has his eyes planted firmly on me. "W-why?" I ask.

But I know I won't get an answer. I never do.

"To keep you safe." Matteo replies. I let out a sigh and stumbled backwards away from him. To keep me safe? What does that even mean? He's the one who put me in danger in the first place.

"Stay away from me." I hiss.

I can't seem to tear the memory of him drugging me as if it was a regular occurrence, something he does often.

I physically feel ill just at the thought of it. And now I'm on my way to Japan with my captor for however long. This is not good, and the fact that I'm both mentally and physically exhausted doesn't help either.

I sit down on a chair furthest from either of the men and bring my legs up to my chin. I feel much colder now without Matteo holding me, the goosebumps prove it, but i would never admit that to him. I don't want to even imagine what he did with my body while i was unconscious.

I don't feel any pain anywhere, which is reassuring, but even just knowing he touched me... Held me.

I writhe in disgust.

Why can't he just let me go? Why does he want me? Me, out of all people!

The only things he's done to me is cause me pain, like locking me up in that cellar.

Oh god. 

Scott.

I promised him that I would be back. I made a promise, and I never returned. I didn't say goodbye... I didn't even try to help him or get food to him. I broke my word.

Tears begin to silently slip down my face, which just so happens to catch the attention of Matteo who I haven't failed to notice is still watching me. It's as if he feels if he were to look away, I would disappear.

If only I could...

He stands from his chair and comes towards me, taking residence in the seat opposite me, where it's hardest for me to wriggle from his sight.