chapter 8

Mica

My hands started to sweat  while they gripped the railing of the elevator. My breath was hard and short. I had no idea what i had just experienced. I heard screams echo from the floor i was just on.

Delilah. 

I tried to push the button to get back up to the floor but for some reason i could not detach myself from the railing. I was to scared. But i also felt a strange power that made my heart thump at three times the usual speed.

I had seen the girl from the tree. I remember her red lipstick and the dress. She was here. But she also wasn't. Was that a ghost? I think it was.

My mind raced. I felt strong suddenly. My eyes flashed a million pictures. Pictures of a happy girl of a mother holding a blond baby, of a small boy with wild black hair, and finally a man came into the picture. He sat crying on a cloud watching something or someone. Each image lasted only a second each but each were in details of a painting.

I took my hands from the railing and stared at them. I felt amazing. A woman about in her twenties came into the elevator. "Hi" She smiled.

I breathed in and out. My teeth bared slightly. Power was erupting inside of me.  Suddenly everything erupted. A big explosion happened in my chest and then the woman smelt of fresh baked cookies. My favorite.

Then i was on the ground. The woman was next to me. "Oh god. Do you have asthma?" She pressed her thumb to my wrist. I blinked my eyes. The pain was slowly dying. 

I noticed she was checking my pulse incorrectly. "Uhm....Miss?" She looked up at me. I saw small tears escape her eyes. She hugged me. I pulled away from her, not used to the physical contact. "You dont put your thumb on the pulse. You put your index and middle finger." She blushed and stood up.

"Oops. Learn something new everyday. Right?" I just rolled my eyes. She could only be in college. I thought people that went to college were smart. "How old are you?" She stood sideways to me. Her black hair pooled over her shoulders and into her black shirt. Her jeans were extremely tight and i thought how her circulation wasn't cut off. 

What i liked most about her appearance though, was her shoes. Converse that went up to her knees. They were probably originally white but had amazing script on them. I peered down and saw stories, and poems. Each small and curvy around the shoes.

I must have zoned out staring at her shoes. "How old are you?" She asked again. 

I looked into her eyes. Dull brown. Boring. Her paper white skin looked soft and rough at the same time.

"Nine."

"Nine years old...." she mused. Suddenly her nose flared. She whipped around to me. Her breath came short. It was then that i realized the elevator had stopped. We were on the lobby floor. I wanted the doors to open. My instincts read that this wasn't a safe person.

"You are Mica" She stepped closer to me. The smell of chocolate chip cookies stung at my nose. She smelt so good. 

"My name is Will" I dont know why i lied. But i did.

"Liar" She spat. How could she tell? "I can not believe i found him" She whispered, excited. 

"Mica, do you want to know something?" She stepped closer and i stepped back. 

"My name is Will." I did want to know what the scary lady wanted me to know though.

"Whatever, Mica, your about to die" And then she lunged forward. 

CLIFFHANGER!!!!!! sorry but im losing my views. Sad, I know. But its true *sigh* anyways. after this story im just going to take a break from the whole ghost thing and write a romance. Or try to anyways. Wish me luck :)