chapter 1

Me, the Observer

"your dead arnt you?" Micas tiny fingers traced the contours of the girl that lay perfect in the leaves. After he had brushed all of the fallen leaves from the oak tree from her face, he had found her very pretty. As far as a nine year old could tell.

Her make up was slightly smudged and her mascara was running. But her bright red lipstick stayed perfectly applied on her full lips. her hair had used to be a wonderful bun with curls escaping at the nape of her neck but the crackling leaves still covered her wonderful dress that Mica would soon discover.

Slowly he brushed the dead leaves off of her body, down her chest and stomach her saw beautiful dark blue material stretch perfectly over her slim body. the ruffles that extended down her legs stopped perfectly at the middle of her thigh.

"why would such a pretty thing die?" Micas small whisper talked to himself. the thought would never had crossed any of his classmates minds, who would have run screaming at a corpse. Mica, i guess you could say, was special.

Obviously smarter and wiser than the other children at PS 598. But most fourth graders that were normal actually were. But he had something else. Something he wouldn't ever really be able to understand or find out, for that matter. 

Mica had connections. For the corpse was there, but there was more there that not many could possibly ever see with the naked eye. Mica Trestle was definitely not the average boy. And for that matter, neither was the girl. 

But no more on her. Mica had not noticed the drying blood that was escaping the hole in the beautiful girls body.

Well At least not until her sat in it. The small shriek that escaped his lips were only human. It was stopped quickly. He stared at the blood his eyes going wider and wider by the second.

"you didn't die...you were killed." He said stupidly. Of course she was killed, how else would she have gotten shot? unless by suicide, but she didnt do that.

he slowly traced the features of her face again. His mellow and relaxed voice returned from the sudden scare. 

"i wonder why?" Mica, only being the small boy he was shrugged and heaved his chubby body up from the leaf pile he was going to jump in. 

"Get in!" He turned around and saw his teacher Ms. Grey waving in the class. He slowly trudged back to torture. With a stern look from his teacher and the sneer of all the other kids Mica was inside. 

He plunked down at the table that has ASSHOLE carved in with a pencil. He felt a water bottle being heaved at his head. and his big head went down onto the desk. he cringed and tried not to let tears fall. the slow trickle of blood that was making its way down his forehead seared further into his scalp, until it reached his center where it gave off a killers head ache.

Mica closed his eyes and tried to concentrate on the positives. Unfortunately, there were none.

"Think he's dead?" He felt a poke in his head that only added to his head ache. He cracked open an eye. Delilah Marks stood bent over him with a small pout of concern. Mica quickly shut his eyes again.

"what are you doing Dee?" he heard Will shout from the other side of the classroom.

"nothing..." Delilah sighed and flounced back over to Will who smiled and patted the seat next to him where she gladly sat. she didnt glance once over to Mica again. 

Mica smiled after Delilah had left, who he had always found nice. and he tried not to stand up and pound Will. Will Lyons was just the person who knew just how to press the buttons of Mica with out realizing it. Although he was as dumb as a board, he was street smart. a skill Mica had not yet discovered.

Mica slowly lifted his head from the table and wished he had said something or not have laid down on the dirty table as long as he had. Ms. Grey walked in jabbering on her cell phone with her latest fifty year old boyfriend. of course she was only twenty, but thats the life of a gold digger.

she snapped the old and clunky top of the phone down and rolled her eyes at the expectant class. "the problems are up on the board...go" she clapped her hands once and the class of third graders and they took out their nubby pencils and paper and scrawled.

Of course Mica was done first. But it took him longer than usual, the dead body outside kept seeping into his head. It wasnt the typical thing to find in a elementary schools play ground, no matter how bad it is.

He makeup still lurked in his head. He stared at the multiplication on his sheet that was already completed. Ms Grey didnt even look his way when he raised his hand to say he was finished. there was no need anyways. he slowly put it down and rested it down on his blue jean lap.

"psst" Mica turned his head and saw Delilah waving at him. He smiled shyly. "psst, Mica" she called again. her golden curls swaying back and forth as she tried to get his attention. suddenly a wad of paper landed on his desk.

'meet me after school by the oak tree

Dee' 

Mica felt his face pale. the oak tree, dead girl. he looked back at Delilah but her head was turned and she was scrawling on the paper again next to Will. He stared at the message written in sloppy pencil script one last time then decided it might be the best if he just went. He might make a friend after all at this dumpy school.

                                                                                   Me, the Observer

I sat up on my cloud watching Mica and Delilah. You'll never guess who sat next to me applying her fresh coat of red, red lipstick. Mmhm the girl by the oak tree. You see i have a special job, a job no one wanted and one that i got stuck with. 

i am what they call the reaper. grim reaper, black cloak, huge knife. blah blah. no im not any of that. but i do collect souls. And Mica, well Mica is a soul that i most definitely need. Miss lip stick over here, well shes just going to help me get what i want., and what i want is very hard to get.

Hey, this story has been on my mind for a while. tell me what you think about it. im getting kind of bored of my other one and i think this one is going to be better. :)