13.

Chapter 13

Willow

She had no idea how long she had been left in the room after the three imposing wolves had left. The silence was uncomfortable but even more than that she was concerned that she had allowed herself too much freedom in front of an Alpha. She had been scared and concerned over her friend, whom she had no idea if she was safe or not. She usually had better control over her mouth. Years of training under both Markus and Sephtis had taught her self control under even the most trying of circumstances. She had let her sass slip while being questioned. She could kick herself for it. The room began to feel like it was closing in on her. She could feel the cool beads of sweat forming on her skin and rolling down between her shoulder blades. The way the wolves had left in such a rush had made her more nervous than she had felt in a long time.

The room was not much different than the one she had been housed in the last few days. Instead of a bed however there was the table and a few chairs. In the corner was a sink and toilet but both looked to be brand new. The lights here were brighter and Willow could feel her headache blossoming into a full force migraine. She ignored the hunger that gnawed at her stomach and sucked on her bottom lip to relieve a little of the stress she was feeling. Time ticked by at an infuriating rate as she sat there working over every look and every word said in the interrogation. She knew that the Alpha thought Sarah was important. Whether or not he knew who she really was was anyone's guess. The thought that he might know made Willows stomach flip. If he knew what she was and was also going to use her as a weapon just as Sephtis had planned on doing then they were going to be in huge trouble. Then there was the fact that he had already known that she was human and hid that fact from the other two wolves.

The sound of scraping metal brought her eyes to the door and there stood the alpha with the small wolf who had escorted her into the cell. He was no longer menacing nor did he seem so large as he stood in the door staring at her. He didn't speak as he worked the nail on his thumb, a gesture she could never imagine Sephtis doing. He was always forbearing and dominating everyone around him. His eyes were cast downward for a few minuets before he looked at her in the face. Matching eyes with an Alpha made Willow want to hide in the corner and she had to make herself hold her ground. She stood still and didn't drop her eyes, the only movement coming from her was her hands which balled up tightly. Her nails digging into the rough flesh of her palms.

"Willow, I need to know more about this Sephtis if youre willing to tell me." His voice was soft, almost too soft for a wolf of his stature. Willow had no idea if this was some sort of trick to make her feel at ease and be more open giving him the answers he wanted. In her experience Alphas were deceitful and manipulative. With a simple nod of her head Willow sat back down at the table with the Alpha across from her. The small wolf smiled at her his grey eyes showed nothing but warmth.

"How did you end up at the roaming pack?" His eyes never wavered from her face and for the first time since being taken out of her home Willow found the gesture a comfort instead of unnerving.

"Since I was a child."

"Where did you live before you were taken?" again his eyes stayed steady.

"Romania. The pack didn't stay there for long. By the time I hit puberty we had already reached Asia. Sephtis will camp in a small space take what he needs destroy what he can and move on leaving a small enforcement camp behind." Images of her childhood before the pack flashed unbidden through her mind making her eyes prick with tears. Alpha and the small wolf paused and looked at her with concern.

"How does he maintain control over such vast numbers?" His head angled slightly as he spoke. His question rang through her brain for a while as she thought about it.