Chapter Five

It was dark in his room, since well, it was already nighttime outside, but Kirishima couldn't sleep, wasn't even close to falling asleep.

Turning on the lights meant having to face his pitiful physiognomy that had wet tears dripping down the chin, and seeing his face was the last thing he wanted to do.

If he did, he might break every single thing in his room that showed his reflection, just to stop looking at the coward shown in it.

He hadn't stopped crying since coming back, which was yesterday, considering the fact that he hadn't come out of his room all day, and wasn't ready to face anyone, and besides, with the way things were, Kirishima wouldn't come out anytime soon.

He just - he knew that Midoriya wasn't the traitor, he believed in him! But just because he was afraid of being rejected by his other friends, he had lost an important person in his life.

The moment Aizawa-sensei said those words back then during Midnight's lesson, when Midoriya was in the bathroom, the red haired boy knew it was bullcrap. And he expected the whole class to start protesting, to defend their resident sunshine, but to his own shock and disbelief, not a single soul spoke up.

Until Shinsou and Todoroki stood up and took Izuku's side. It was clear that Asui and Bakugou didn't believe it too, but that wasn't what he meant.

...Nobody else.

Uraraka, Iida...

Nobody else had taken his side, nobody had stood against Aizawa's words, nobody had believed the boy who'd saved all of then more times they could count.

Of course he had no right to speak, he was so fast to critic others, when the biggest fool was sitting in his room, on his bed, bawling his eyes out.

What right did he have to be angry at others, when he himself sat still as well?

Where was the support Midoriya had so desperately needed, where was his manliness?

He was always the one going on and on about how manly everyone was, so why?!

Eijirou had asked himself that same question many times, but never found an actual answer other than him being afraid to go up against an authority figure. He was frozen in his seat, and he couldn't believe what he was hearing, clenched his hands to fists in anger, but didn't speak up when it mattered.

And then everything only went downhill further. Going back to the dorms after school was even worse, because Kaminari and the others just couldn't seem to shut up about that topic.

Traitor this, traitor that, we can't trust him- he was sick of it!

"But Midoribro could also be innocent", he had told them, but the look they sent his way was enough to shut him up in shock.
They glared at him, just like they had at Midoriya when he had come back from the bathroom

"Are you taking the traitor's side now or what? Don't tell me you're just like explodo boy and the others?", Kaminari answered him, and it was the first time he had ever dared call Bakugou anything other than by his name.

What was going on?

Kirishima had wanted to protest that yes, he did, because Bakugou had known Midoriya the longest, he'd know, but no sounds came out of his mouth.

He was afraid.

Afraid of loosing someone important to him, and for what?

For what?!

He should have known from the start, from the moment Denki and the others turned their backs on Midoriya, that they weren't the ones he should team up with.