Chapter Two

Aizawa prided himself in being exceptionally observant.

During his younger years, some kids liked tormenting him after school, behind the building where no one saw, and to be sure none of them followed him on his way home, Shouta always tried keeping an eye out for them and dissappear before they had the chance to corner him.

It had gradually morphed into a habit, an incredibly helpful one, might he add, especially for underground work where stealth and awareness of surroundings extremely mattered.

Changes in the atmosphere, approaching presences, shifts in behavior, underlying character traits, signs of lies and deceive and possible fears, phobias and weaknesses.

He noticed everything.

Especially when it came to his new class, full of energetic kids. They had potential, and Shouta made sure to keep an eye on anything that could help him assist them in becoming good heroes.
What better way to do that than by figuring out their habits and strength, as well as possible disadvantages caused by the nature of their quirk?

So whenever something was up with one of them, he knew right away.

... and then he saw Midoriya's notebook and suddenly, he didn't know shit.

Essentially, he wasn't one to look through his student's stuff, because everyone was allowed some privacy and it really hadn't been any of Aizawa's business what they were doing in their free time, he was only there to provide help with hero studies after all.

(That, of course, a blatant lie, he felt more like a babysitter or caretaker rather than a teacher taking care of his students..)

But then there'd been the title of this notebook, and his interest had been caught.

"Hero Analysis Notebook for the Future N° 15"

Wait... Number 15?

Did he have more of those books?

Least to say, he knew Midoriya was a little bit of a... weird kid. He was bright, there was no doubt, and selfless and kindhearted but also never listened to anything authorities told him.
Shouta didn't mean to sound offensive, he knew nothing about the kid's past and didn't want to force him to talk, but whatever it was must have been at least the tiniest bit messed up.

And when he looked at the notebook, and realized that it was Midoriya's, aka. problem child's, he couldn't help but take a small look at what could be hidden inside.

His face morphed from curiosity to shock, then horror.

As he looked through the notes, turning each page and skimming over the information provided on those, where different hero's quirks were broken down into different sections, such as strengths, weaknesses, advantages, disadvantages, weak points, how to best take them down, and how to improve the weak points, he almost felt sick.

This was what he was doing?!

And oh god, there even were pages about his own classmates, friends, and various methods on how their quirk worked and so much more.

This was... a child had supposedly written this?

Dear god what did he do with all this information?!

He wasn't even sure trained analysts were able to provide a spectrum this bright on their opponents and all various tactics to disable them.

Midoriya... problem child... This was his student, but what the hell?