Chapter Nine

"Did you get the files I sent you?", a man was sitting in front of his computer in a dark room, phone pressed to his ear.

"Yeah, I did. What the fuck are those anyway?", the person on the other line asked. It was a male voice. Deep but young-sounding.

"Remember the villains who kidnapped that one U.A. student? They found a bunch of video footage about an incident dated a few weeks back."

"I got it this far. Something about a traitor. I'm asking about details. What you want from me isn't exactly as easy done as you make it out to be, I usually have to pass a bunch of reviews before the article gets published. Without them? And on various platforms? Be glad I owe you a favour, man", the person grumbled, a tapping voice sounding on the other side of the phone, which indicated that they were probably typing something on a computer.

"The information I gave you is just as valuable as your service, Yuto, don't make it seem like you do all the hard work around here", the man warned, looking at his screen, which had a video on pause.

In the video, an interrogation room shown from above, a table in the middle with two chairs on either side of it.
On one chair, a boy with green hair was sitting, hands tied in front of him, eyes on the table, the other chair was unoccupied, but a police man was seen standing with his hands seemingly supporting his weight on the table.
There was a notebook in the middle of the table, unclear what's kind and what was written on it, but it looked thoroughly used.

"The boy with green hair, his name is Midoriya Izuku. Or Deku. The fingerbreaking kid if you saw this year's sports festival. Apparently, he was arrested and illegally interrogated for being a suspected traitor sent by the League to spy on U.A. and gather intel. The arrest lacked any evidence to support the suspicion."

"...Interesting", the person on the other end of the line said.

A few more clicking sounds.

" The articles are written pretty good, I'll just review some of them myself and add the links to those pictures and videos. I'll send them to the rest, they'll spread all of that shit over various platforms and make short headlines for them."

"Great! Glad to do business with you, my old friend", the man in the room laughed. "You think you'll get it done by midnight?"

"I'll be sure to tell them, but it would make no sense for me to publish it when the others aren't ready yet. They'll hurry up if this piqued their interest."

"Wonderful, I'll see you next week then, for the other project we were working on", the man waited for a reply before hanging up.

He smirked and tapped on play.

"—re so smart to be giving me the silent treatment?! Who did you sell these notebooks for and on which heroes?!"

'Oh yes', the man innerly laughed. ' This is going to be amazing...'

——————————————

"...Shigaraki", Midoriya whispered, breath catching in his throat.

He looked slightly to the left.

"And Dabi", he finished.

The light blue haired male leaned on the edge of the table with his elbows, his grin widening at the recognition that flickered in Midoriya's eyes, while Dabi smirked and held up his middle and index finger in mock salute before lowering his arm onto the table.

"Glad to see you still remember our names, broccoli. It's been a while."

"A while is nowhere near long enough to save me from the trouble I'm gonna get into again if someone sees us here", Midoriya groaned and put his head in his hands, rubbing his eyes in exhaustion.