Chapter 13

okay so sorry it took me so long to update-ima slow, stubborn, blondie. haha that's fuuny. enough of mee talking-i know u are all reading bc u want to know what happens to Aaron, so i'll shut up now. thanks so much for all of who clicked the VOTE button up there, and those of u who didnt, why dont cha go do that right now? haha okay so here's the next chapter;)

Chapter 13

**Aaron’s POV**

All I remember was Emma holding my bleeding head. There was an explosion, and I was the one who planned it all out. Hopefully, that freak who calls himself a step-dad was now dead. Hopefully, Emma, Sarah and Tyler were all okay; they were like my family, especially considering I had no one but them.

My parents both died when I was thirteen, the cause being a plane crash. They were both professional photographers and were on their way to South America to explore the incredible wildlife. My sister, Brittany, who was eight at the time, had begged to go with them. My parents both loved us, we were nothing like Emma’s family, and because it was her birthday, they said yes. Why couldn’t they have said no? Then she would be here with me and I might be a little happier. What if they could have gotten a flat tire and missed their flight- then they would be here, too. Every day I spend my life asking myself all these “what if” questions. What could I have done to prevent them from leaving?

I guess that’s why when I’m with Em, I’m not afraid to be myself. The way she smiles reminds me of my mom, and her long, blonde hair reminds me of Britt. It’s almost like she’s a part of them. Maybe that’s why I love her; she was never related to them, but she looks so much like them.

The first thing I see in my brain when my mind wakes up is Emma. She was the one who kept me alive. She was the one who had cried over me when she I thought I was dead. She was my love, and I can’t even imagine my life without her.

I am in a coma. I know because I can hear people’s voices and when I try to move, I can’t. When I try to open my eyes, it’s like they are glued shut. It frustrates me so much, but I can’t give up; I have to see my love and tell her how grateful I am that she’s in my life. She lights up my world without even knowing it. I can’t die; not without telling her that.

After what feels like hours, I finally give up. I clearly wasn’t going to wake up on pure will power so I just sit in my immobile body and think. I can hear a doctor’s voice and Emma’s. After trying to ignore them, I hear him say something that makes me perk up.

“Miss Monroe, please, you must understand,”

“I do understand!! I understand perfectly!” Even though I could not see her, I could tell she was about to cry.

“Miss Monroe, he can’t make it. He has a broken tail bone, some cracked ribs, a broken ankle and foot, and not to mention he might not even remember you when he wakes up,” ha- not remember my butt!

“Please, you can’t just force him to die! He’s strong and-” now she was crying.

“Emma, just give it up.” I hear Tyler walk into the room.

“How can you say such a thing?! He’s your best friend- what the h-” she was cut off.

“Mr. Phillips, Miss Monroe, you too are causing his heart to beat faster and faster with every word. Please, let’s continue our conversation outside.”

“I’m not moving one muscle.” Emma protested.

I couldn’t see him, but I think the doctor was starting to get annoyed. “Fine. Fine Miss Monroe, you win. But only one week.” Then I hear his footsteps leave.