Chapter 10: Reunited With Sonic

Leo, Raph, Donnie, Mikey, and Team Sonic all walked through the woods, following Metal Sonic as the Badnik lead them through the woods, tracking Sonic down while Raph's shoulders hung limb and he wiped his hand across his head before groaning a bit.

"I thought that robot said that we're only a few blocks away from where Sonic's at," Raph complained.

"Can you please stop complaining Raph, Tails, and I had to work overnight on reprogramming Metal, be grateful that he hasn't gone haywire yet." Donnie replied.

"I'm just still not used to being stuck in the woods and the weather this hot," Raph said to him.

"Aren't you guys reptiles?" Tails asked in confusion.

"Raph's just upset that he's not relaxing at Knuckles' house," Mikey replied to him while poking Raph's shoulder playfully.

"Cut that out, Mikey," Raph said while pushing Mikey's hand away.

The four Turtles, Team Sonic and Metal Sonic continued walking on in silence, minutes passing that felt like hours to them until Metal Sonic suddenly halted, raising his clawed hand as a signal to have them stop in their tracks.

"What is it Metal?" Leo asked the Badnik.

"Sonic the Hedgehog detected dead ahead." Metal Sonic replied, pointing at a cave in front of everyone.

Leo glanced at the cave, seeing Sonic standing near the wall of the cave talking to a familiar black and red hedgehog. Fury and confusion rushed through Leo's body like wildfire as his hands slowly curled into fists, wondering why Sonic was having a conversation with the one hedgehog that attacked him on the first day the Turtles met Sonic.

"Hey guys, long time no see!" Sonic said once he noticed the others, only to have confusion in his face once he saw Metal Sonic. "What is brain bucket doing here?" He questioned them.

"Tails and Donnie reprogrammed Metal to help find you," Leo answered him.

"That so? Well if he's not gonna attack us, then I'm fine with it." Sonic replied with his hands on his hips.

"Think you could also tell us why you're with Mr. Edgelord here?" Raph questioned while pointing at Shadow.

"Long story short, when Metal attacked us, I led him away from you guys, and just when he was about to finish me off, Shadow destroyed him and took me here," Sonic explained to him.

"Wait what?" Mikey questioned in sheer confusion.

"You're saying that the one hedgehog who attacked us on our first time in this world, came out of nowhere and helped you out?" Donnie asked.

"Yep," Sonic replied calmly.

'He acts like he's used to it.' Leo thought, having trouble processing everything that Sonic just said.

"Well it's good to know that you're alright Sonic, and that's what's important." Amy inquired.

"You found him, now go," Shadow grumbled.

"No need to continue being a big grouch Shadow," Sonic said to him jokingly, earning a low growl from the black and red hedgehog.

"Yeah, we should definitely go before you provoke him to get mad like you always do." Tails said.

"Don't need to tell me twice. Race you back!" Sonic said before taking off back to the village.

"Hey wait up you moron!" Raph shouted before he took off after the blue hero, being followed by the others while Metal Sonic turned his rocket on and flew off at the same speed that Sonic was going.