💤 16 💤

Kyoya's POV

15:31|

We were in front of Nile's house.

He opened the door and invited me to get in.

- H-Hum... make yourself... at home.

- Hm! Thanks!

Suddenly his phone started buzzing. He freaked out and immediately took it.

- I... I'll be right back...

This looked a bit... weird, but I won't ask him about it, it's clearly not the time for...

But

I'll definitely do something to cheer him up. I don't know why, I don't know how, but I will.

He got out out of the living room to take the call and... I went to the kitchen to prepare something...

If I remember well, he liked pancakes and sweet food...

So I'm going to prepare some for him. I opened the cupboard and took the ingredients...

Well, let's cook!
__________________________

15:52

A good fifteen minutes passed and Nile finally came back.

He looked ''normal'', but... empty.

Yah, there's totally something fishy about this call-

But. It's. Not. About. This. Today.

So I gave him my biggest smile and came closer to him with my plates. He raised his eyebrows and looked up at me.

- Hungry?

He opened a bit his mouth, in surprise and then nodded shyly.

- Thank you..., he mumbled while looking down and scratching the back of his neck.

I put the plates on the table and we sat on the chairs, face to face and started to eat.

- Say, Nile.

- Hm.

- Do you want to hang out tonight?

- Hang out...? Where?, he asked with a low monotone voice.

I forced a smile to hide my concern and continued...

- Well... I huuum... Wanna go to the beach? I mean... since it's Friday, even if we stay out late, it'll still be okay.

He scratched his neck.

- I don't know...

- I thought we would be having fun. You... seem very stressed lately...

He sighed.

- Kyoya... I... have no clue why you're doing that... I'm... I'm really confused. I don't know what I should do...

- It's fine.

I petted softly his hair, trying to reassure him.

- I'm still here for you. So it's fine... or I'll make sure it will be fine.

- ... Thanks... I guess.

- It's normal...

- Um... Can I ask you a favour?

- Of course, what is it?

- I... I don't want to... share all my... trauma or anything... but... can you... listen to me...? I have... a lot of things I would like to explain...