Chapter 16

Firstly, Thank you so so much for your support on the previous chapter!!! It means so much to me. Please continue loving the story and characters.

Secondly, I have copied the chapter over from a different app so it appears the pasting hasn't happened properly. I apologize about the weird spacing and spelling in advance. I will edit soon.

“Are you asleep?” Akash asked softly without opening his eyes

“Are you asleep?” Akash asked softly without opening his eyes. He noticed that even their sleeping positions were the opposite of each other. He slept on his stomach with arms and legs sprawled while Rudra slept straight on his back.

When Rudra didn't reply, Akash kicked his calf lightly.

“What is your problem?” Rudra snapped and kicked him back under the covers.

“I didn't even kick you that hard, drama queen.” Rudra scoffed when Akash almost howled in pain. “What do you want?”

“Should we try and convince Dadu to come back to Delhi?” Akash asked as he opened his eye a wink to study his brother's profile.

Rudra twisted his face towards Akash with a questioning look on his face. “Why?”

He didn't reply. The thought had come out of nowhere. Sitting and watching his grandfather laugh and speak to him felt so surreal that night that sudden fear of the future made him extremely restless.

“You know there is no cure for Dadaji's condition. Isn't it better if we let him be where he is happy?” Rudra asked after a few moments of silence.

“Yes, but in Delhi, we can get him better health care. Don't you think? Plus, you and I can't stay here forever. We'll eventually have to go back, and leaving him here seems…”

“Scary,” Rudra finished for him. “I know.”

“What should we do? Maybe you can ask Dad to convince him?”

“Why don't you ask him? He is your dad too.”

Akash scoffed and shut his eyes. “Doesn't feel like it anymore. All we talk about is how I am a failure.”

“All Dad and I talk about now is work.” Rudra murmured under his breath so quietly that Akash would have missed it if he weren't paying attention. He could feel Rudra restraining himself from saying what he wanted to say next, so he decided to end the conversation and call it a night.