Chapter 11

Hello everyone, Before jumping into the new chapter, I wanted to make two quick announcements-

1. This story will be updated every Tuesday or Wednesday. I wanted to give a window since real life sometimes gets busy with other commitments, so I don't want anyone to be disappointed if I don't upload on the first day.

2. Do you follow me on Instagram? I have created a fun character asthetics and trailer with the cast that I imagine. If you would like to check that out and get spoilers and learn about me outside of Wattpad then do follow me at- thebutterflyeffect31

So without any further ado here is the new chapter.....

~~~○●○♡○●○~~~

Dhara threw her bag on to the ground, not even bothering that it had landed on the mud pile

Dhara threw her bag on to the ground, not even bothering that it had landed on the mud pile. Jumping out of the back seat of the car, she picked up the bag and flung it over her shoulder.

"Are you still mad, Dhara?" Sushmita, one of her trekking buddies, asked as she stuck her head out of the window.

"We'll plan another one soon." Sushmita's husband, Krish, mollified from the driver's seat.

"Yeah, right!" Dhara scoffed. "You know how long it took us to organize the entire trip and get everyone on board. I had to work so hard to get my grandmother's permission. There is no in hell that she would let me go on more overnight trips. Stupid landslide! Ruined everything!" She stomped her foot in annoyance.

"We can't control the weather," Sushmita said, laughing.

"I know that, obviously!" Dhara folded her hands over her chest. "I am just so upset." She sighed loudly and managed to pass her friends a small smile. "I'll get over it..."

"Look at you being all mature for a change," Krish said which made Sushmita laugh and Dhara glower at him.

"Whatever!" Dhara rolled her eyes and tugged at the strap of her bag to reduce the discomfort it was causing in her lower back. "Do you want to come in for lunch? My Dadi can make the chicken curry that I always tell you about."

"Not today," Sushmita said, looking at Krish with a smile. "We might just go have a romantic lunch somewhere on our way back home. And you need to get some sleep. You were awake all night driving us through that landslide."

Krish leaned over and kissed his wife against her temple.

Dhara smiled at the small moment of the couple with the tiniest amount of yearning- not that she would admit it to anyone in the world. She didn't need anyone in her life except her grandparents and sister. Her only dream was to build a better life for them and she couldn't afford any distractions. "Suit yourself, love birds!" Dahra laughed and did a small salute before turning around to walk towards the gate.