Epilogue: Eternity

"You couldn't relive your life, skipping the awful parts, without losing what made it worthwhile. You had to accept it as a whole--like the world, or the person you loved."

What happened after his proposal? Of course we got married. It was an epic wedding. Ako lang ang nandoon, si Zeus, si Athena at si Marco Polo. We got married in the church where Romeo and Juliet got married in the book of Shakespeare. It was a lovely ceremony. I was wearing a white knee-length Vera Wang dress while the love of my life wore his favorite navy blue Michael Kors three piece suit.

It is the wedding that I had been dreaming of. Mas gusto ko pa ito kaysa sa dapat sanang kasal namin ni Zeus noon sa Pilipinas. It wacarss very intimate. Noong una, habang papapunta kami sa simbahan at natatakot pa ako, iniisip ko na baka hindi na naman siya um-attend o baka naman magkasakit na naman si Athena, maaksidente siya o kung anuman but I was really surprised that things went smoothly.

Walang naging problema habang papunta sa simbahan, o habang ginaganap ang kasal namin. Zeus is the best looking guy I have ever laid eyes on. His silver eyes were sparkling with so much joy as he puts the ring on my finger - that look on his face is what I want to remember forever. Ang saya-saya niya at ganoon din ang nararamdaman ko.

"Gianna Franceska Consunji - Dela Monte - Vejar - what a very long name you have now, my sweet little, Gianna and I like it - no I love it. You see this ring on your finger? It is the sign of my love - a love that will never ever fade away or be forgotten or be taken for granted. My love for you will be as vivid as your beauty in my mind.

I know that I have done things that made you cry. I left you, hurt you and lied to you, but baby, as we spend our lives together, I will promise you that I will never do any of those things. What you will get from me is nothing but pure, real and unconditional love. I will love you like how I love my cars. I will love you more than I love my sister - we all know how much I love her. I will love you more than life itself, I'll love you 'till all the parallel lines meet. I will love you 'till my last teeth fall out or my hair or any of my body parts fall out.

Mahal na mahal kita, Gianna."

Hinalikan niya ang kamay ko at saka ngumiti sa akin. Pinipigilan kong umiyak dahil ayokong masira ang make - up ko but damn, this tears are hard to control. Suminghap ako. It's now my turn for the vows and I'm really nervous. I might not say my vows right. Baka mabulol ako, o kaya man ay baka magkamali o baka makalimutan ko. But hell! I'm getting married to the man I love - that is the most wonderful feeling ever!

"Zeus Alejandro Vejar - the most unselfish man I had ever met. All I can say is that I'm grateful. So grateful that you managed to think of a very cheesy vow like that." He made a face and I widened my eyes at him. The people around us - namely - Athena, Marco Polo and the priest laughed a little because of the way I looked at Zeus. "Also, I want to say that no parts of your body will be parted anymore - but your heart because I own the whole of it. If ever you part it with any other - I will surely kill that woman and I will keep you inside our house, tied up."

"I like the thought of you tying me up." Kumindat siya sa akin.

"That's cute! Nasa simbahan pa kayo!" Marco Polo hissed. Zeus and I made a face. I looked at him again and smiled. Masayang-masaya ako. Hindi ko alam kung bakit. Sabi nila weddings shall make the bride cry but I can't cry, naiiyak ako pero hindi masyado. Mas nangingibabaw sa akin ang kasiyahan. I love Zeus and this is just the start of our something new.

"Secondly, I want to say that you're amazing - so amazing that I questioned the Heavens above what I did right for me to deserve you. I used to hear that from my cousins, they were all jerks and all that - but when I thought of it, I realized how much I don't deserve you and yet, you're here, we're all here to witness this moment - our moment."