14. Don't Let Me Go and I'll Stay

Emily's POV:
She loves me. And I finally get to love her back. All these years waiting for her and it was totally worth it. We stood there in the rain and we were finally happy.
As we walk back to my house I could feel all the pressure on my chest release and every bone in my body finally relaxed. I have JJ now and there is no way I'm letting go anytime soon. I let her go take a shower first while I made some hot choco and some food. I let her sit on my bed after her shower while she waited for me to get cleaned up. While we laid there in watching tv, she looked up at me from my lap. I could feel my cheeks getting as I blush trying to to look down. As a giant smile appeared across my face, she starts to say something.
"Hey Em?"
"Yeah JJ?"
"Do you remember the day a little while ago when you found me in my liaison's office...?"
"JJ, we don't have to talk about that. I know how hurt you were when you and Will were fighting."
"No, I need to tell you this because it's all that I've been thinking about."
"Oh okay, go on babe."
"I was a little drunk at work that day after the fight and before you found me in my office, I went into your old office and I found something in your desk. It was a note and it had my name on it."
"JJ, don't tell me you read it."
"Of course I did, it had my name on it. It was the most heartwarming and heartbreaking thing I've ever not been told and that's why I was crying when you found me. It wasn't because I was sad about Will, I was crying because you tell me that you loved me to my face. And after reading the note, I wanted to find you and tell you that I had feelings for you too but no one knew I was bi."
I finally look down at her and she starts reciting the words.
"JJ, if i ever get the chance to give it to you, which I probably won't, you are so... so amazing. I know I shouldn't be writing this but I just need you to know that you are the best thing that's has ever happened to me. I am so in love with the way you're so sweet and nice to everyone, the way you are with children.  You are the most loving person I have ever met. And the day I left for Paris, my heart broke into two. But I thought about you everyday. You are make my heart beat out of my chest every time see you. You need to know that you are the bravest most courageous woman I have ever met. And you are beyond breathtaking that it hurts me that you're not mine. If I ever do end up giving this to you... know that you are my favorite person ever and I will never let you get hurt and let you know that you are loved everyday. Don't hate me but..."
"Jennifer, I love you. My lucky little Blackbird." I look into her eyes finishing off the note.
She looks at me with tears in her eyes and grabs my shirt pulling me down and crashes our lips together. We both smile into the kiss and end up laughing for a good minute.
And as the night went on, we sat there watching movies eating and drink loads of junk until she fell asleep. I watched her as she slept and ran my fingers through her hair with one hand and rub her back with the other. She was so peaceful laying there. Her arms tight around my waist as her head moved up and down on my chest as I breathed. And while I played with her hair, I tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and I saw something that made my heart light up. I looked down and saw a small blackbird tattoo sitting right behind her ear. I am the luckiest woman now and forever. I sat there continuing to play with her hair and I start thinking about how coming back to the BAU wasn't a bad idea. The only reason I left was to avoid JJ but now the thought of being away from her hurt me. I start to close my eyes and I know this will be the most peaceful sleep I've had in a while. Finally. We're finally happy. You caught me Blackbird. Now don't let me go.

The End :)