13. Caught in the Rain

*for a cuter movie-like feel, play "Are You with Me" by Nilu and when you get to the special part, the beat drop would really add to it, rewind the song if you too :)*

Emily's POV:
As I walk up the porch looking for my keys, I feel someone staring at me. All I can think is "not right now" because if someone was going to hurt me, I could so easily be broken right now. But then I hear someone call out my name.
"Emily."
As soon as I hear her, I freeze. God I missed hearing that voice but it's about to send me to the hospital if I faint and hit my head. I'm fighting the urge to pull her in right now it hurts.

JJ's POV:
I call out her name, but she doesn't even react. She's just standing there. My heart is racing.
"Emily, please turn around and look at me."
Nothing. She doesn't even flinch.
"Please Emily. I-"
And all of a sudden through all the noise the rain was making I hear her keys. I run up her porch and stand right behind her. I reach for her shoulder and I could feel her body tense up and I heard her sniffle.
"If you walk through that door right now, I will not forgive. I won't even acknowledge it because I will walk through that door with you and tell you how I feel about even if you end up hating me. So can you please just listen. Please."
There was silence but she didn't put the key in the lock.
"Emily, I have loved you since the day that I met you. I know, sounds cliché but I have. I loved everything you did, the way you walked, the way you looked, even the way your mouth moved when you talked. Your smile when ever I stared into your eyes made me fall in love with you. Everything about you was perfect. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you but I didn't know how to tell you so... I didn't. And when you pushed me to tell Will that I loved him, it broke my heart because you pushed me away without even knowing how much it broke my heart. But then I had Henry, and I knew I couldn't break his heart knowing how much I wanted to be the perfect mom for him and he needed a dad so I stayed. But even with all that, you still found a way into my heart with everything you did. And every time that you would look at me, I fell deeper and deeper in love with you. Then when you nearly died in Derek's arms, I was jealous knowing that I wasn't going to be the last person you saw, and I know that's selfish but I needed you to see how much I loved you. But then you survived. I was so relieved until the day you left for Paris because then it really did feel like you died all over again. Then you came back and made it even harder for me to stop loving you. And I never told you this before but when I got kidnapped and tortured, I had a hallucination. I dreamed that you had found me, and I know you did in the end but that dream was so real and it felt almost right because I would've pulled you down on top of me and kissed you right then and there but then you disappeared. And that day when you found me, you saved me and I don't know how I could ever find anyone more loving, protecting, anyone more perfect. And that's why I came to your hotel room that night... Emily, you make me so happy to the point where I can't contain it but I know I had to hide it or else I would've pounced on you any chance that I got. Seeing you leave all over again right after you found me, made me so angry at you. How could you leave me? I risked everything to come to your room that night and you just flew away. And I know I said that I would never forgive you for leaving but the truth is... is that I wouldn't have forgiven myself for letting you leave me. But Emily, YOU are my first love. My one true love. My Phoenix. Emily, I love you. And I don't know if I could ever survive without you. I almost poisoned myself and died after you left and I was okay with that because I knew you would come back one last time, but if that happened, I wouldn't be saying all of this. I'm sorry Emily for everything. I'm sorry for loving you... I'm sorry for lying to you all these years. But I'm here now. You can hit me... you hate me anything but please say something so that I don't regret ever falling in love with you... Emily. Can you look at me and say something, anything please. You can tell me to leave, I don't care just say...something."
We stand there in silence while listening to the rain hit the roof until I hear her put her key in the lock.
I stepped on step closer to her to try and get her to turn around but she didn't. "I'm sorry Emily," I said as I slowly turn around and walk away. I walk against the rain, I could still feel my tears falling down.
I was already halfway down the street when I felt her hand grab my hand. She spun me around and grabbed my waist and pulled me in. She looked deep my eyes and wiped away the of tears falling down my face with her thumbs and I found it so cute because there was no point. We were dripping wet standing in the middle of the rain and before either of us can say anything, she pushes her lips into mine. We stood there kissing in the rain not caring if anyone saw us or how wet we got. Then she pulled away and cupped my face.
"Jennifer, I love you more."
We stand there pressing our foreheads together holding onto each other both glassy eyed. Finally, it's our turn to be happy with each other. I would do anything for this woman.
"Not possible," as I pull her in to steal another kiss. I feel her smile into the kiss making me laugh. I thank my lucky stars that finally get to be with the woman I fell in love with.