7 | Annoyingly Villainous

HOPE'S POV

I had a two-word definition for Clarke when we first met: Annoyingly Villainous. But the more time we spent here,the more I got to know that the "annoyingly villainous" part is just a mere section of his life,other than that,there are many beautiful sections of his personality that nobody ever bothered discovering.

A week just completed. And during this week,we talked about anything and everything, mostly it was me doing the talking because apparently I have so many dramatic stories to tell while he spent most of his life in this place so he got very few memorable incidents.

One day he asks me about my love for Landon and I tell him that even though Landon might never remember me and I might have to eventually move on,he made me feel things I can never feel again in this lifetime. So then I ask him if he's ever been in love,and then he started his story.

"Right after my father abandoned me,I was alone in this world with no idea how it worked.I might be a full grown immortal person right from birth but I still didn't know anything about this world.Then one day,by the riverside,I met a girl,a witch.She immediately knew what I was and she taught me how golems work and how they find their prey,feed etc.From her words I understood that golems are supposed to be protectors of humans and enemies of supernaturals.So I asked her why she was helping me and she said that she saw an innocence in me that guaranteed her that I'd never hurt her." I smile at the thought.There's always someone out there who sees the good in you,no matter what.

"Then one day,she stopped visiting me.It's like she disappeared into thin air.Later,I got to know that her witch coven found out that she was helping an enemy and banned her from meeting me."

"Classic love story,parents ban the girl from meeting the boy." I laugh.

"Haha not funny,because they got out information from her and came to destroy me."

"Oops..shouldn't have laughed." I cover my mouth with my hands.

"Do you know you're a really bad listener?" He says and I glare at him.

"So when they came for me,I offered the deal,they let me live,I conspire with them to finish off my father."

"Evil Clarke taking over!"

"Whatever,Hope.So while making all these plans to take down my father,I saw the witch once again, one last time.She told me that it was safe for both of us if we stayed away.And I never saw her again.What I felt for her was the closest thing I felt to love.That's it."

"Wow...so you're saying you've never dated?"

"I mean ,she'd visit me every day...and we had sex once,she was my first time,you know?Apparently that's a big deal for people.So doesn't that count as dating?" He shrugs.

"No it doesn't,Clarke.And I DID NOT need to know about your first time.Anyways,so what did you do all the time you got AFTER getting out of the pit?" I mean,he didn't spend all the time outside the pit plotting to raise his father,did he?

"I had a motive,Hope. I didn't focus on other distractions. I don't even know how relationships work in the current world,no idea." So he really was Malivore's loyal son.

"Okay let me enlighten you.So when Landon and I m-"

"No ,please. Not interested in listening to your lovey-dovey story with my useless brother." He gives a bored and uninterested look.

"Ouch,harsh. Why though?"

"I don't need to know about another good thing my brother got in life and I didn't." He mutters to himself but I hear it.