20 | Into The Sunset

All I see is darkness here.

But this darkness is different.It's not the endless darkness,rather it is the end itself.The darkness of death.

And then I open my eyes,I wake up in a desolated forest.Where am I?Is this the afterlife?Am I dead for real?Did the spell not work properly?But most importantly,how do I find Clarke?

"Clarke!Where are you?" I know that if there are other people here,I am most probably calling danger,but how else do I find Clarke?I have very less time.

I run through the forest as fast as I can and keep an eye out for Clarke.If I am linked to Malivore,Clarke must be here after Malivore gets destroyed,but again,IF Malivore gets destroyed.My plan was merely a theory,if it really doesn't work....no,no I have to find Clarke.

"Clarke!Are you there?Clarke?"

My vampire hearing ability suddenly becomes alert.I hear something right behind me,or someone.I turn around to attack immediately but instead my hands get blocked.

"See?I did learn something from you." There he is,standing in front of me with that all too familiar smirk.

"Clarke!Oh my God!" I exclaim pulling him in for a hug.

This right here is peace.

"I..I was so worried for you,Clarke.How you must've been suffering alone in that pit I'm so so sorry,I...I missed you so much."

"Hope,I missed you too,like,a LOT,but as much a-as I am loving this,y-you're choking me." I realize that out of happiness I am holding on way too tightly.Embarassed,I pull back. "Sorry."

Seeing him smile brings such a relief,how can someone's smile make you feel so good?For a second,I feel like I'm living a dream because even though I was determined on bringing him back,a small pessimist part of me knew that it might be impossible,it knew that I might never see him again.And here he is.But soon his smile gets replaced by a frown.

"Why exactly are you here?Because last I checked,Malivore was collapsing and I woke up here,which OBVIOUSLY means I'm dead.So why are you here?" So our plan worked?! Malivore is destroyed?

"Well...about that..." I ruffle my hair trying to find words on how to explain it to him that I am dead too.

"No,no,Hope.No,this can't be."

"Hey,if we go down then we go down together,right?" I say to lighten the situation a bit but this makes him more angry.

"Listen,I am here to take you with me,okay?We'll get out of here,you can live your life like you deserve."

"I don't see how, you're..you're dead.I don't know what save-the-day programme you did again and got yourself killed, Hope you shouldn't have been here! That's not how your parents wanted you to live!"

"Okay relax first.I am not...dead dead."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"We don't have the time,Clarke.We need to find my body,or we'll be stuck in here.Come on,come with me."

"I don't understand an-" I place my hands on either side of his face and kiss him.He is taken aback so it takes a moment for him to recover and kiss me back.When I pull back,he pouts. "I had to do that so you would stop rambling,we don't have time."

"Yeah sure,nice excuse,Hope." I try to hide my smile and look down.

"Look,I promise I'll explain everything but now please run with me as fast as you can."