chapter 08

General pov

General pov

Jenn got closer and closer to Nini by the second. She sat down next to her and stirred her drink with a straw.

"So, Bowen?" She asked. Nini's anxiety was through the roof, words couldn't even come out of her mouth so she just nodded. "Huh, never really thought you were his type."

"Maybe you don't know him that well" Nini whispered, hoping Jenn wouldn't hear her.

"Excuse me?" She asked Nini, with a soft smile.

"Nothing..."

"You know he's never mentioned anything about you." Nini narrowed her eyes at her comment.

"Yeah, well it just sort of happened..."

"I mean, we talk almost every single day and he's never once told me how you got together?" Nini dazed off for a few seconds, they still talk? She thought.

Jenn noticed Nini silent and smirked, knowing what thought she just planted on her head. "Okay, this is getting boring. Can I get you something to drink? Like a juice box or something?" She said, standing up.

"Well actually, Rickys bringing me a beer so..." The brunette replied, as she saw Ricky coming towards her way. Jenn, noticing Nini's gaze shifted, looked behind her too.

"Ricky!" Jenn said smiling at the curly haired boy. "You're bringing your girlfriend beer? Don't you think that's a little too strong for little Nini over here?" Ricky narrowed his eyes at Jenns comment.

"Jenn, stop being a bitch and go. Nini did nothing to you." Ricky replied, sitting next to Nini. Jenn raised his eyebrows and looked first at Nini, and then at Ricky.

"Okay, if that's what you want, I'll go." She turned on her heels and left. Nini let out a sigh, laying her head on rickys shoulder.

Nini pov

"I'm sorry about her, is she always that bitchy?" Ricky said, giving me my red solo cup.

"Yeah, actually ever since the 8th grade she's treated me like that." I took a sip of my beer but it tasted really weird. "Uh, since when is beer so vinegary?"

"Oh, i must've mixed up the cups," Ricky said, taking the cup out of my hands and giving me his, from which he hadn't drank yet. "That was my kombucha."

"Kombucha? You drink kombucha?"

"Hey i'm driving you tonight!" He laughed as he put his arm around me. We stayed there in silence for a while, comfortable silence. I laid my head on his shoulder as we sat there, looking at the party. He suddenly grabbed my hand kissed my cheek as he interlocked our fingers, and my cheeks turned flush red. I tried to ignore the feeling in my stomach, as if butterflies were roaming inside it. He took out his phone and quickly snapped a shot of our hands to post on his instagram.