chapter 02

General pov

6:30 am, Monday

Nini woke up to the sound of her alarm, pretty early. She had to drive to school, better to be on time than late. She took a shower, and got to her closet. The brunette picked out a white top with some plaid pants and her normal Doc Martins. After getting dressed she rushed downs stairs to be greeted by her mom.

"Hey sweetheart, you ready for school?" Carol said as she kissed Nini's cheek, her daughter immediately wiping it off and laughing.

"Uh, yeah I guess. It's going to be hard without Margo." She complained.

"I know honey, but you have Kourt and Gina you know?"

"Yep, I know." Nini grabbed some carrots and snacks and put them in her bag, "Laila, are you ready?" She shouted so that her younger sister could hear her.

"I'm coming! I swear." They both heard Laila from downstairs.

Moments later Laila came down, with a helmet on her hand and her bag on the other.

"Okay ladies, let me take a picture!" Carol said, slightly pushing Nini towards her sister, getting them together to take some shots of them. Laila had a big bright smile on her face while Nini just stood there awkwardly waiting for the improv photoshoot to be over.

"Okay! Bye mom, love you!" Nini grabbed Lailas hand and dragged her outside to the car. "What do you have that for?" The older one asked, pointing at her sisters helmet as they got inside the car.

"It's for protection!"

Minutes later they got to school, and they both went their separate ways. Walking inside the building, Nini saw Gina and Kourtney running up to her. "Oh my god! I've missed this!" Gina exclaimed, pulling Kourt and Nini into a group hug.

"I've missed you guys so much!" Nini smiled, hugging her friends tightly. "Summer was so boring without you guys." Gina had left for dance camp and Kourt traveled to New York, to start perusing her dream of fashion.

"I know, but we're hear now! we have to enjoy junior year, high school's almost over." Kourtney said, getting all sappy because this was one of their last high school years together. The conversation about their summers kept going, until the bell rang and they all went different ways to their classes.

Nini was walking to Math when she bumped into someone, none other than Jenn. Yes, Jenn, like her ex best friend Jenn. She was currently dating Ricky Bowen, as her ex middle school crush Ricky Bowen. It was expected though, after Jenn and Nini drifted apart Jenn got with Ricky and they've been on and off ever since.

"Ugh! Watch where you're going Roberts, please." Jenn snapped at Nini out of no where, Ricky rushing behind her. As Jenn kept walking Ricky approached Nini.

"I'm sorry, she's kinda grumpy today, I think she missed breakfast so there's no coffee on her system or something." He apologized for her, classic.

"I'm kinda used to it by now." Nini whispered softly, as if she didn't want Ricky to hear her. Trying to ignore the boy infront of her, she kept walking the other way.

"Hey! wait," Nini turned around to look at him. "Roberts, right?" He asked.

"Yeah." She had no idea where this was going.

"You look... different."

What did he mean by different? Nini thought. Panicking inside her head, she just nodded at him and left as fast as she could, going to class.