George

"She what." George dropped his phone and froze, forgetting how to breath.

"Hello?" Nick spoke out the phone that was laying on the sidewalk.

George clutched his chest in pain. There was this pain in his heart that wouldn't stop aching.

"No...no..." A tear streamed down his cheek. He tried to take a deep breath but he failed to remember how, "This...is f-fake." He tried to convince himself.

He slowly picked up his phone off the pavement, his hand shaking uncontrollably. His hand trembling, he put his phone to his ear. He swallowed that feeling in his throat, he tried to speak but the words he wanted to come out were caught in his throat.

"G-George?" Nick spoke again with worrisome in his voice.

"I-is this r-real?" George's voice trembled and cracked. "P-please tell me this is fake."

"I'm so sorry man." Nick paused, he looked down to the ground and took a deep breath to prepare himself, "They just officially announced her...." Nick took another deep breath as he tried to bring himself to tell George, ".....dead at the hospital."

George covered his mouth with his hand as he started silently sobbing when he heard those very words come out of his phone.

"C-Clay can pick you up to...uh...take you to the hospital..." Nick sighed with pained in his voice.

"Y-yeah." George stuttered, trying his hardest to not have his voice crumble.

George sat at a nearby bus stop. He leaned his head on the side of the bus stop as the sky started relentlessly pouring its rain down.

"I-I genuinely loved her...I regret everything...I-I want to turn back the clock and do it all over again. I want to see her smile just one time....p-please." He felt empty and filled with so many emotions at the same time as he cried uncontrollably, his breathing patterns being a mess.

He tried to get ahold of himself, he glanced around. He chuckled as he broke down again, tears streamed down from his face, "This is the place, isn't it." He closed his eyes, a single teardrop traveled down his cheek.

~