Chapter 2

"Y/N!"

I looked over the classroom to see where my name came from. I saw that it was my friends called me, I sat on the desk next to them since the table was full. Me and my friends don't really get in fights very often and when we do we don't really take them so seriously so once you give us 20 minutes after a fight we honesty wouldn't give a shit about it anymore. Every class I was praying to satan that someone would not sit next to me. Usually me placing a backpack on the seat next to me was a way to tell people to fuck off, but it seems like there's more students this class, I soon realized.

I looked around the class casually, noticing that the seats were getting more full, "I swear if some mother fucker sits next to me." I mutter under my breath. Thankfully no one sat next to me. As the teacher was doing attendance I was so relieved.

"Alright class today we are going to review muscles." The teacher announced while putting the power point on the projector.

She started rambling about workouts but honestly I didn't give a shit. She would usually give us a study guide with all the questions on the test and I would just study it the night before, take the test, then forget everything I just learned. Since I sat at the corner of the room I usually just opened the health textbook and pretend like i'm taking notes when really i'm just doing homework or daydreaming.

Meanwhile George was sitting on the far right side, He was in the second to last row. He sat with 2 other people, Nick and Clay. He also sat at the seat that touched the wall, he would often lean his head against the wall in boredom. The class was so boring but everyone had to take it.

After what felt like 8 hours the bell finally rung meaning school was over. I rushed to pack up my stuff in hopes of getting out of that place as fast as I could.

My friend, Victoria tapped on my shoulder, "Wanna hang out this weekend?"

I looked over at her, "yeah sure, when?"

"Uhm, how about saturday at around 1." Victoria replied as she took her phone out of her backpack.

"Yeah that works." I walked out of the classroom, walking as casually but as fast as I could at the same time. "Oh shit," I just remembered to switch out of my teachers aid period into computer science. I quickly walked to the school office to switch my class. After like 5 minutes I finished switching, there weren't as many people in the office as there usually were, maybe it was because it was only 3:02 when I got there.

My sister always had violin lessons or a club after school so my mom would take her there but I really didn't feel like waiting an hour for her to finish her lesson that I would just walk home or sometimes take the bus. It was about a 15-20 minute walk to school so it was pretty close. Putting on my earbuds I listened to some music as I made the walk home. Victoria suggested that I got a car but i'm not willing to pay that much in car insurance. Today was different, instead of just studying in my room I felt like maybe going to the park to study and do homework. The park was about 5 minutes away from my house so the walk was pretty short.

When I arrived at the park it hit me how different it looked and how long it's been since i've been there. It's been like 3 years and the playground has a new play structure, the broken swings were all fixed. I walked on the park path, looking for a table to sit at.

"Wait what, who is that?" I squinted my eyes to try to see better, that backpack and hair looked familiar and so did the shirt. "How do I make this not awkward, how do I make this not awkward?"

I tried to casually walk over to him, pretending like I didn't see him. "George?" I take out my earbuds, pretending like I just saw him. I see him sitting alone with a couple textbooks out, some folders, and some homework he's working on.

"Y/N?" he looked up from his work, taking off his headphones. "You live around here?"

"Yeah, I live like 5 minutes away." I sat down on the the bench, putting my backpack on the table. "Mind if I do my work here?"

"Yeah, sure." George grinned.

I took out my physics textbook, put on my earbuds, and started studying as George went back to work, putting back on his headphones and going back to writing whatever he was doing. A couple hours passed by, I noticed that the sun was getting lower, not quite close to a sunset, but you could tell one would happen soon. I started packing my stuff, stuffing my books into my backpack.

George noticed me packing up my stuff. "You heading out?" He took off his headphones.

"Yeah, the suns probably gonna set soon, I should go." I zipped up my backpack and put it on. "Bye."

"Bye," George did a cute little wave at me and I did a little wave back.

I walked back home peacefully, trying to recite back to myself what i just studied on my phone.
————————-
~<*>~Next day ~<*>~
————————-

I woke up the next day pretty miserable because instead of sleeping I stayed up until 4 am rewatching What's New Scooby Doo episodes to try to feel my childhood nostalgia again. I also cried because I got a 47 on my English paper while watching it so that's cool too I guess.

My morning was pretty average, the same thing over and over again, brushed my teeth, changed, went to school, and go to class.