Chapter 8

Months passed by and it was already the beginning of June. We were still "study buddies" meeting up about 1-2 times a week and often walked home from school together. Walking home together was honestly the only thing I looked foreword to doing everyday. I mean, I guess you could call us friends.

"Dude ask her." Clay rolled his eyes, tired of hearing George be indecisive, while leaning on the hallway wall.

George paced back and fourth, gripping onto his backpack straps, "But Like-"

"Do it already." Nick interrupted, he glanced at George then went back to his phone.

"Are you guys sure you guys won't mind?" George looked back and forth at Clay and Nick.

"Yes, we do not mind at all, now hurry up." Nick assured, still staring at his phone.

"George just ask her already." Clay put his hand on George's shoulder making him stop pacing, "Go."

George saw y/n walk out of class and walk down the hall. He looked back at Clay and Nick who were messing with Nick's phone then back at y/n who was already about to leave the building. George ran up to Y/N

"Hey Y/N," George called behind me as I opened the door of the school to leave.

I looked back, halfway out of the door, "Yeah?"

"Uh, me, Clay, and Nick are gonna hang out this weekend and I was wondering if you wanted to come along." George grinned as he ran up to me.

"Yeah," I smiled, looking up at him. Finally, something I have to look foreword to besides just walking with George.

"Awesome." George giggled.

"Oh..Uhm.. are you sure Nick and Clay won't mind?" I realized.

"Ye-" George moved out of the way of some student trying to get out of the door

"Oh," I noticed the student and moved out of the door and back into the building.

"Yeah, they don't mind at all." George brushed his hand over his hair.

"Oh..okay!" I smiled trying to not grin my ass off in excitement like an idiot, I looked down to the ground, trying to hide my big ass grin.

George turned to Clay and Nick who were watching them down the hall while I was looking at the ground. He gave them both a big thumbs up excitedly as fast as he could.

"We're going to..uh go to the fair, you know the yearly one one in the downtown waterfront." George nervously itching his nape.

I looked up, "Oh, yeah, I haven't went to one of those since I was like 11."

"Awesome!" George grinned, "We'll pick you up tomorrow at 4 pm." George turned around, about to leave.

"You remember where my house is, right?" I gripped onto my backpack straps.

George turned back. "Of course."

He stepped closer to me, he zipped up my black hoodie, "See you tomorrow." He smiled as he ruffled up my hair.

"Bye," I smiled.

George walked back to where Clay and Nick were and I walked out of the school, I used my hoodie sleeve to cover up my huge grin on my face. The wind blew onto my face. I felt my cheeks, "Am I blushing?" I mumbled to myself.

"Y/N!"

I look behind me, it's Claire and Victoria.

"Hey- oh my god are you blushing right now or did someone slap you in the face?" Victoria pointed out laughing.

"Bitch!" I started fanning my face to try to cool it down.

"It's him, isn't it?" Claire looked around to see if George was nearby.

"Geor-?"

"Shut up!" I covered Victoria's mouth.

"Ooooo," Claire taunted laughing.

"We're just friends." I brushed myself off.

"Okay, whatever you say." Claire sarcastically agreed while Victoria laughed.

"My moms here!" Victoria waved bye and ran to her moms bright orange van sitting in the parking lot.

You could probably see that thing from a mile away. Claire then started talking about her love for some movie I could care less about, but I just pretended to agree with her points and act like I knew what she was talking about as we were walking to the end of the school parking lot.

"Bye," Claire walked to her moms car which was at the edge of the parking lot

"Bye," I walked down my usual path home.

I walked alone, my earbuds playing music through my ears. It was a pretty average walk, nothing special really. "I thought it would be a lot hotter and sunnier today considering it was June already." I looked up to the sky.

"Y/N?"

I turned backwards and looked around, trying to find who called me.

"Y/N!" They shouted again.

I looked over across the street. "Oh! Hey!" I did a giant wave to him from across the street.

George smiled, he crossed the street, and started walking with me.

"I thought you were with Clay and Nick?" I put my hands in my pockets.

"Both of them got busy," George put his arm over my shoulder and smiled. "I'm so excited for tomorrow."

"Same," I giggled.