Chapter 6

I no longer had legs, I had a tail.
I stuttered, not knowing what to say, “ But, but,”                                                          “ Sit down,” the king said, “ While I explain.” I sat down, feeling slightly weak. “ No one understands what happened. When you arrived at the palace gates, we found you like this.” He gestured to my tail.                               I looked down at it again, feeling strange.

My tail was deep blue. The king's was green till halfway down his tail and blue from there downwards, with a small crown symbol on each fin, the symbol of royalty, although only the current king or queen and their heir had the crowns. Izzy's tail was orange at the top and deep pink from the middle downwards.                                                        

I asked, still confused, “ But, why did I only get my tail now?”
“I’m not sure,” he replied, “ no one is sure. All that matters now is that you focus on getting better. You can turn human, if you want to.”

When I was used to my new situation, I went to visit Skully. I had already written him a letter to say I was alright and that I would explain when I next came to see him. I explained everything to him. When I had finished he was completely speechless, but not as much as I was a few weeks later.