Chapter 5

I woke up, feeling a lot better. I blinked a couple of times and made a noise that, I suppose, must have sounded like a groan. I then opened my eyes to find Izzy sitting besides me , looking down at me anxiously.              “He's awake!” she cried, looking relieved.
Cubby came into the room, looking pleased.                                            “Oh Jake!” he cried, giving me a hug. I hugged him back.               “You gave us quite a fright,” Izzy's father said, coming into the room.                                                       “How long have I been unconscious?” I asked.                           “A week,” Izzy replied, quietly                                        “A week!” I cried sitting up fast and then regretting it, as it made my head spin.                                                     “Slowly,” Izzy's father said, “ you need to take things slowly.” He paused then said, “ Izzy, Cubby, I need to have a word with Jake.” They nodded and left the room quietly, Izzy looking back just before she closed the door.

“Now Jake,” the king said, sitting down beside me, “ quite a few things have happened in the past week.”                                “What sort of things?” I asked anxiously.                               “Oh, don't worry, it's nothing bad, just, some will take some getting used to.” I was relieved.                                              “What do you last remember, before you became unconscious?” he asked.                                              “Izzy and Cubby being attacked, bringing them to the gates and then just blacking out.”He was silent for a minute, thinking.                                                     Then he said, “ I need to explain something to you.”                          “Of course,” I replied.                                               “Well, from what Izzy told me, Hook was about to attack them when you arrived. He then said something she couldn't remember and then you started to,” he paused.                                            “Well, I got this strange feeling in my legs,” I said.                    “That ‘strange feeling’, as you call it, is what is going to take some getting used to.” He smiled, “Get up please Jake.” I thought it a strange request, but I did it anyway. When I did, I nearly fell over backwards in shock.