Chapter 4

One day, about 2 months later, things changed. I heard Izzy’s voice, calling for help. I was on the beach, thinking my own thoughts at the time, but I looked around me, searching for her, but could not see her. Her voice came again and, this time, with a flash, I saw her and Cubby up against a rock with Captain Hook in a diving suite, advancing towards them.                                               I said to Skully, “ Izzy and Cubby are in trouble. Hook’s with them.”                                                            “How do you know?” he asked, astounded.                              “I just do. I've got to go and help them.” I pulled off my shoes and started running into the waves.                                   “But Jake!” Skully shouted after me.                                 “I know,” I replied, “ I’ll be back soon!” ,diving into the water.
I swam as fast as I could and as I reached them slowed down and hid behind a nearby rock, to have the element of surprise over Hook. I saw him, standing over them, sneering.
I decided it was an appropriate time to strike. I swam up behind him and he seemed not to notice.                                                I said, “What are you doing so far from home?”                       He turned around quickly,                                        “Jake!” he said, still sneering, “I was wondering when you were going to arrive to save your little friends.” I felt anger rising up inside me, and another feeling as well that I could not understand, a cold-heat rising up my legs.
Izzy began to groan, as if hurt.                                       I shouted at Hook, thinking he had hurt her, “You had better leave now, if you know what's good for you!”                                         “A-alright,” he stuttered, staring at me in what seemed to be fear. He swam away quickly and I turned towards Izzy and Cubby, worried more about them than about Hook. Izzy was still groaning and Cubby had been knocked unconscious by Hook. They were in no state to get back to the palace themselves. I was going to have to carry them myself.
I half-dragged, half-carried them, as best I could, towards the palace. It was not too far, but the further I went, the sicker and more dizzy I felt. As we reached the palace gates, I fell down, too dizzy to go any further. Izzy had stopped groaning and was now saying my name quietly in alarm. I heard people shouting, just before I blacked out completely