𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄

" 𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐄 "

ayaka arrived at her bus station after a good ten minute walk and hopped on, as soon as her ride was there. after another ten minutes of sheer starring out of the window and watching the landscape passing by, she came to her destination. her new school. fukurōdani academy.

a powerhouse school her dad talked her into, because he was there too and he would like to make it a tradition that each descendant of his, should attend this " incredible school ", as he called it.

the dark haired girl sighed and made her way through the student-filled hallways to find the secretariat.

minutes passed by and she still couldn't find it. this damn school was just too big.

she took all of her courage and asked the next student for help. her eyes looked at her shoes as she shyly tapped the shoulder of the person in front of her.

a boy turned around energetically before looking down at the small girl.

" oh hi ! you look a little lost. do you need any help ? ", he asked loudly.

damn, why does he has to be so noisy this early.

" actually, i do need help. i'm a first year and i don't know where my class is. ", she said, now looking up to his eyes.

he had a huge smile plastered on this face that almost reached the tips of his spiky black-grey hair. his shoulders were broad and just looked really ... buff in general.

" then what's your class ? my name is bokuto kōtarō by the way. ", he still smiled.

" i'm in class 1-6 and my name is sakurai ayaka. ", she simply said, trying to avoid any further conversation.

" woah ! class 6 ?! you must be really smart then. that's so cool ! my best friend akaashi is in class 6 too but he's a second year. i'm in my third year right now and only in class 1 as if i was stupid or some shit- "

" i really don't want to be rude, but could you please just show me my class. i don't want to be late. ", ayaka interrupted him and bowed down to show some respect to her senior.

" sure, sakurai-chan. sorry, once i start talking i literally can't shut up anymore. it's crazy, you know ? as soon as i started talking as a kid, i would annoy my parents all day- "

" you're doing it again, bokuto-san. ", she briefly spoke, now looking a little more impatient than before.

" i'm so sorry ! now let's get going. ", he finally said and started walking in the direction that she came from.

bokuto was talking to her all the way to her class, which annoyed her slightly. not that she didn't like him, she barley knew him. but it was just too early for her to talk to somebody. she was still tired and nervous about how her first day would be. and a third year walking her to class was definitely not what she expected to happen.

" you've now reached your destination. ", bokuto said with a high pitch voice, trying to imitate the lady from the navigation system.

ayaka chuckled a little at his childish behavior.

" thank you very much, bokuto-san. ", the girl said and bowed down low.

" no problem. oh, and you can stop that bowing-thing. it makes me feel weird. ", the owl-looking boy stated and smiled one last time at her before saying his goodbyes and heading to his own class.

she looked after him until he was out of her sight, sighed once again and walked into her class.

the room was already filled with a lot of students. some of them were chatting, she assumed they knew each other from middle school. other's were sleeping on their desks.

scanning the room for an empty place, ayaka decided she would take a seat in one of the last rows right next to the windows. that would make her school life a little more bearable. it's not that she didn't like school. but sometimes it just was too much for her to handle and she would get nervous and needed something to calm herself down again. looking out of the window would be enough for one of those moments, she thought and sat down.

the teacher arrived soon after ayaka took her seat and started talking about some organizational stuff. she didn't really pay attention, just listening with one ear. zoning out, back to her dream world that still smelled like the laundry detergent her sheets were washed with.

she survived the first days of the new school year. took some notes here and there, looked outside the window and watched the birds catching each other.

it was now time for lunch and some girls from her class asked her to sit with them. the girl with the honey eyes accepted the invitation since she didn't really knew what else she could do. before she would end up as one of those kids, that always were by themselves, she thought i wouldn't be a bad idea to make some friends.

" did you guys chose a club already ? ", the blonde girl, kaneko mai, asked ayaka and the girl beside her.

" i haven't decided yet. i don't know if i should choose the musical club or the culinary club. what about you, sakurai-chan ? ", takahashi minami, a petite black haired girl, asked.

" i don't even know what clubs there are to choose from. ", she answered honestly.

" oh my god, there're sooo many. are you more the athletic or the creative type ? ", kaneko asked.

ayaka thought about her question for a second before shrugging and taking another bite of her onigiri.

" i don't really know. i don't like sports that much but i'm also not that good at painting or stuff like that. "

the other girls looked at each other for a moment and than back to the dark haired one. they had an idea.

" maybe we should ask some of the seniors. they'll definitely know what to choose. " takahashi exclaimed and stood up.

she were the complete opposite of ayaka.

the two girls ended up dragging their new friend through the hallways on the search for some students from the higher grades. kaneko spotted to beautiful girls with flyers in their hands and talking to the students passing by.

" jackpot. ", takahashi said and shoved ayaka to the two girls.

she didn't say anything but the seniors noticed her right away.

" oh, you're a first year, right ? would like to be a manager of the boys volleyball team ? "

— AUTHORS NOTE
we stan making new friends. and by the way, i'm absolutely obsessed with all friendships that are going to develop in the next couple of chapters.

thank you for reading && stay safe !

faithfully yours,
greta