6' Follow

Fugo listened closely, putting all of his attention into their conversation. Narancia said simple things, like "It's really nice that you care for me so much" or "Thanks again for being here for me". Mista would then play it off all cool like "Oh really, it's nothing. Your like my best friend!". Every time Mista mentioned 'best friend', Narancia seemed to grow a little quieter. Fugo then remembered that just the other day, he had called Narancia his best friend. Because after all, they were! At least before Narancia had started to ignore him. Their conversation died down a bit, until Mista picked it up again with something very aggravating. "Hey, Narancia, can I tell you something?". "Sure Mista, what's up?". "Well Nara" (this annoyed Fugo as only he called Narancia 'Nara'.) "I've been thinking.. I know your probably upset about all the stuff that Fugo said, but if it really affects you that much, maybe you should move on. To be honest Narancia, I've really liked you for quite a while now. As more than friends. I was kind of hoping that since I revealed the truth about Fugo, you might take a liking to me. I know it sounds selfish, but I didn't want you to be hurt by his rejection or something". Many things about this aggravated Fugo. What things did he say? And what did Mista mean 'his rejection'? Before he could comprehend any more of what Mista said, the waiter came back with their drinks. They handed Narancia the latte that Fugo had ordered, while Fugo got the usual black coffee and orange juice that the others ordered. Narancia noticed this right away, saying "Hey Mr. Waiter! I think you accidentally gave the other guy our-". Just as he cuts himself off, he stands up and looks Fugo dead in the eyes. Narancia slowly sits back down, while Mista turns around to see what the commotion was. Before Mista can finish turning, Fugo had already slammed a 20 down on his table and bolted out the door.

Fugo ran all the way home. He didn't stop to look back, afraid that for some reason Mista or Narancia was following him. He rushed into the house, ran into his room, and locked the door, leaning back on it with his hands flat trying to catch his breath. The adrenaline in his body was no where near running out. He sank down to the floor, his heart racing. He didn't even know why he was this panicked. 'What was it that Mista had said? "I know your probably upset about all the stuff Fugo said"? Well what did I say? No matter what, as soon as Narancia gets home I'm talking to him about this.' But there were still more things bothering Fugo. Two, to be exact. The first, was that Mista had said something about "his rejection to Narancia". What rejection? What had he done? The final thing was that Mista had actually just confessed to Narancia. This was the thing that bothered Fugo the most. And what did it have to do with the rest of the conversation? Slowly, things started to click, but not enough. When did Fugo ever reject Narancia? As he thought about this, he also realized that he was jealous. Jealous of Narancia, spending all this time with Mista. Mista confessing, and not getting to see Narancia's reaction, made him worry. Narancia was his only real friend. The only person he had ever grown close to. His best friend. But Fugo was realizing he wanted to be a bit more than best friends. He had a crush on his only friend. And while he didn't want to ruin his one friendship, the fact that Mista might get to Narancia first hurt way more than any rejection. The feeling of not knowing was already killing him. He rushed out of his room, retracing his steps to the cafe. He was still pretty tired from the run to the house but it didn't stop him, just as he turned the final corner back to the cafe, a nightmare began before him. He saw Mista and a worried looking Narancia walking side by side. Suddenly, Mista used both arms to turn Narancia swiftly towards himself. Mista then dipped his neck while cupping Narancia's cheek, bringing himself closer to Narancia's lips. Fugo panicked so bad. The exact nightmare he had just thought up was unfolding before his eyes. Every thing seemed to be moving in slow motion. He tried to get their attention as a final attempt. "NARA WAIT!" Was all he could handle without breaking into tears.

His call wasn't enough. Narancia either didn't hear him, or didn't care. Another thing he didn't do though, was kiss Mista. At the last moment, Narancia seemed to realize what was happening. He shoved Mista away with both arms, before running towards Fugo, towards the house. Fugo had already started crying, already started once again running back to the house. Fugo didn't see Narancia push Mista away. Fugo thought they kissed. As Narancia ran, he barely even noticed Fugo running ahead of him. Fugo, having much longer legs, beat Narancia by about 30 seconds. Fugo rammed into the house, sobbing. This time though, he wasn't as fortunate. Abbacchio, Bruno, Giorno, and Trish were all sitting in the living room. They notice Fugo and that he's crying before Fugo can reach his room. Fugo rushed in, locking the door as a concerned Bruno comes to ask him what's wrong. "IT-ITS NOTHING BRUNO.. IM OK!" Is all he can bother to say, his voice cracking. He crawls over to his bed, shoving his head into the pillows trying to forget.

When Narancia gets back, Bruno actually manages to catch him. "Narancia, what is going on? Why are you and Fugo so upset?". "F-Fugo? Fugo's here? Please I need to talk to him!". He then wiggles out of Bruno's grasp and charging to Fugo's room. He tried the doorknob, but it's still locked. "FUGO! FUGO OPEN IT UP!"

Fugo wouldn't have been able to even hear what was said had it been anyone except Narancia. He quickly got up, rushing to the door in hopes of speaking to his best friend that had been ignoring him. He unlocks the door, and can't even get his hand down to open it before Narancia shoves it open, nearly hitting Fugo in the face. "Narancia.." was all he could say. Narancia look disheveled, and spoke frantically. "Fugo! What did you see? What did you hear?". Narancia's number one concern was that it slipped that he liked Fugo at some point. "Well.. I heard all the stuff that Mista said at the cafe. And then I ran when you noticed me. And after that I ran away when you- when you kissed Mista." This confused Narancia, since he never actually kissed Mista. "Huh? Oh no you got it wrong. I never kissed him. I almost did, but not actually. And I have one more question. Why? Just why would you say all that stuff about me to Mista? I thought we were best friends..". This confused Fugo even more than Narancia was. "What stuff? I haven't said anything to him at all about you". Narancia flares at him and elaborated. "Mista said you told him that I was annoying and clingy and stuff. That really hurt". Fugo was stunned. "Narancia! Why would I ever say something like that? You really are my best friend, and I'd never think that". The more Narancia thought about it, the more he believed Fugo. They had always been there for each other, no matter what. "Maybe your right. But why would Mista lie to me about that?". That part did confuse Fugo. But then he thought about something else. "Well, didn't Mista just confess to you and then try to kiss you? Maybe he thought I was competition or something. Not sure why though". But Narancia knew why. Narancia had just told Mista that he liked Fugo, So Mista lied about Fugo being mean. After seeing the distressed look on Narancia's face, Fugo felt horrible. "Oh Nara.. I'm so sorry. This has to be my fault somehow, I had to have done something to cause this". Narancia didn't respond, only rushed into Fugo, giving him a huge bear hug. Fugo blushed intensely, happy that Narancia couldn't see his face as he hugged back. Fugo just hoped he didn't get a boner or something-. Eventually they let go, sitting down on Fugo's bed.

"So, what are we doing about Mista?"