Chapter 7: He's Back

"Hi, mother." I clench my fist as I walk in the room, scared out of my mind. What would she say?

What would she do?

Silence. 

Wait, that's it?

No "Hi, are you feeling okay?." Not even a hello?

I raised my head to look at her. She was reading the newspaper! 

That's still not an excuse.

Wait. My whole entire body tensed when I observe her more carefully.

Ms. White doesn't wear pants.

Ms. White doesn't wear ties.

Ms. White doesn't read newspapers!

This man is-

"Father?"

He sets the paper down, and, yes, it is him. Short jet-black hair, thin lips, black-framed glasses, large, dead eyes of obsidian, I hate him.

I hate him.

I HATE HIM.

"Took you long enough." He says scornfully and with a smirk.

He stands, as if to reach me.

No, no NO!

I run for the door.

He's too fast. 

He grabs my hair and drags me back, his mouth by my ear, and he spits out:

"Do you know what that woman told me right when I arrived at this house? Well, do you?" He yanks at my hair, giving me a severe headache.

"N-no." I barely get out.

"NO!?" I wince as he screams in my ear. A dark emotion flashed across his dark eyes.

"Fine, I'll tell you. Your mother said that you're a nuisane, that you annoy her, that we have to pay a freaking hospital bill because you couldn't keep your emotions under control!" His voice rose and rose and rose.

Right on cue, my amazing mother struts out and starts speaking.

"Didn't I tell you in the beginning, honey? She's a bad part of our lives. We should have never took her in." She was sniffing like all her life's misfortune was my fault, but when she turned to me, a smirk was plastered on her face.

My anger boiled over. I didn't care anymore.

I didn't care about what my father would do to me.

I didn't care about what my mother would say.

I didn't care. 

I spit out every single swear and curse word I could think, I spit it out at them.

And, I said to them the one phrase I had wanted to say ever since they took me to their cursed house.

"I hate you."

This time my father's colossus hand comes across and makes contact with my cheek.

There was no scratch, but there was definitely a big red mark and later on a bruise.

There was so much hatred in the air now with all of us that it seemed like the devil had suddenly set the house into hell.

"I'm locking you into the basement now. You better calm down. Or else." Wait, what? My father was locking me up?

Before I completely processed everything, I was already thrown in the basement with my mother's satisfied face the last thing I see.

Wait, wait. I pound on the door, I rattle the doorknob. 

They're not going to come back for a while. 

I sink down to my knees as my head drops into my hands.

I will not cry. I will not cry.

The last thing I hear from Ms. White echo in my mind.

You deserve this.