Epilogue: I Promise

Lucy was asleep in the hospital bed of the Infirmary, her wounds healed by Wendy's magic. Natsu was sitting next to the bed with Happy, and Wendy was leaving to go tell the others she was okay and that they could see her.

Everyone piled into the room, anxious to see Lucy. Levvy smiled, tears on the corners of her eyes. Mira and Lissana we're smiling at the sleeping Lucy, and Makarov was nodding with approval. Erza and Gray were also smiling, relief on their faces.

"I'm glad Lucy's okay." Mira replied, tearing up a little herself.

"I wonder how she got back here all by herself?" Makarov wondered, looking at the sleeping Lucy. "Did she tell you anything Natsu? When she got here?"

Natsu shook his head, but he was smiling widely at Lucy. "All she said was sorry for taking so long coming back, and making everyone worry. Then, she fell asleep."

"We'll have to ask her when she wakes up, then."

-----------------------------------

Lucy slowly opened her eyes, and saw she was in the Infirmary at Fairy Tail. She remebered falling asleep in Natsu's arms, and she blushed a little bit. She turned her head, and saw Natsu leaning over the bed at her.

"Hey, you're awake!" He exclaimed.

She sat up. "How long have I been asleep?" She asked, rubbing her eyes.

"About a day or two. Wendy fully healed your wounds, and your recovery is going by really fast."

"That's good," Lucy replied, smiling softly.

"Lucy."

She turned her head to see Natsu looking at her with determination in his eyes. "Promise you won't try to kill yourself again. Promise me again." He croaked out.

Lucy hesitated for a second from surprise, but then smiled and rested a hand ontop of Natsu's. "I promise." She tried to stand, but she needed help from Natsu, who gladly helped be her support. 

They walked out to the diner, and people immediatley swarmed around them. Levvy and Wendy were crying happy tears, and they jumped on Lucy, making her hit the ground.

"Lucy! You're okay!" Levvy replied, hugging Lucy so tight she couldn't breathe.

Everyone swarmed around her, happy she was okay and feeling better. Everyone was in such a great mood; Lucy's spirit lifted a lot and laughed with everyone else. Grey and Natsu got into a fight like they usually did, and the guild all laughed happily.

Makarov appeared suddenly, and he was smiling and happy that Lucy was okay too. He walked up to her and guestured for her to follow, so she did. Natsu, Happy, Erza, and Grey followed.  Back in the Infirmary room, Makarov had everyone sit down. Lucy did so, and Makarov looked at her with a concerned expression. "Can you tell us, Lucy, how you got here?"

Lucy nodded. "When I destroyed the weapon, I used up all of my magical power. I...I was about to die, but..." She pointed to her collar bone. "I didn't wake up for five days; people from the city had taken me back to the village while I was uncounscious. When I woke up, I had come down with a really bad fever fomr the total lack of magic power in my body. It took me three days to recover from it... And after I was healed, I still didn't have my magic back for some reason. Before we left for the castle, I put a rune on my body that stored my energy inside it. I released it, and it gave me just enough strength to summon Horologium and have him carry me for awhile until I got to the train station." Lucy sighed. "But because of the avalanches, the tracks were sealed away and I couldn't get on a train. So, I ended up walking all the way back here, and I reopened my injuries and aquired new ones." She laughed softly. "That's how I got here."

"I see." Makarov replied. "Well, I'm glad you're alright. Fairy Tail wouldn't have been the same without you or anyone else around here."

Lucy smiled and nodded, looking at her friends.

Erza and Grey were smiling at her, and Natsu gave her a thumbs up. "'Course it wouldn't be the same without Luce here!" Natsu replied. "Who's going to always yell at everyone?"

Lucy laughed, understanding how much she was needed here.

She loved Fairy Tail.