Chapter 7: First Confrontation

"Natsu."

"What is it?" Natsu looked over his shoulder at Lucy.

"Be careful. Those black tentacle he uses cancel out your magic when they touch you."

"Well then, looks like I'll have dodge them!" Natsu charged towards Coen, and dodged as Coen thrust his dark blades at him.

"What?" Coen exclaimed, surprised.

Sliding underneath Coen's defences, Natsu alighted his body with fire. "Fire Dragon's Flame Elbow!" Natsu hammered his elbow straight into Coen's gut, and sent him flying back. There were buildings nearby, and Coen dragged his hand against the side of one to slow down his velocity. He skidded to a stop, steam flowing up from his stomch.

Regaining his balance, Coen laughed. "I'll admit Dragon Slayer, that was a good one." Catching view of Coen's eyes, they were wild and bloodthursty; insane. "But can you withstand this?"

Without warning, a vine of dark magic shot out from the shadows, expanding into millions. They flew to a surprised Natsu, who dodged them just in time by flying into the air.

"Fire Dragon's Roar!" Natsu yelled, and a jet of flames shot out his mouth and straight into the vines, anticipating that they would disintegrate. But they didn't; they just stayed the same as they were. "What?" Natsu replied, landing a few feet away.

"You can't disintegrate Darkness, boy!" Coen spat, throwing his arms into the sky. A ring made of darkness shot up from the ground, encircling Natsu. It closed in on Natsu, and he cried out in constant pain.

"Natsu!" Lucy yelled. She reached for her keys, but realized she couldn't use magic still. I have to get this thing off! She thought, looking down at the black vine wrapped around her ankle. But how? She reached down to touch it, and it felt cold and it sent a painful shock throughout her body. She flinched, pulling her hand back. Natsu fell to the ground, and was attacked by multiple black swords. "Natsu!" She cried out to him again. She clenched her teeth, and grabbed hold of the black vine again, despite the pain it sent throughout her hand.

I wont's be useless!  Lucy screamed in her mind, and she managed to break off the vine and it evaporated into the air. Instantly, she pulled out one of her keys. "I open thee," Lucy started throwing her golden key into the air. "Taurus!" Taurus appeared with a moo, and Lucy pointed over to Natsu and Coen. "Take him down!"

"Yes, Miss Lucy!" Taurus charged towards Coen, and swung his axe at him repeatedly. Coen dodged his attacks, and Lucy pulled out another key. "I open thee, Leo!"

Loke appeared, clutching his left wrist. "Alright, I'm here. Let's take this bastard down."

"Go help out Taurus!"

Nodding, Loke ran to Taurus' side, and they nodded at each other, charging into battle together.

Looking over at Natsu, Lucy ran over to him. He was lying on his stomach, and he was trying to get up. "Natsu! You okay? Here, let me help you..." She pulled him up, and Natsu stood angrily.

Just then, Taurus' flew past them, into a nearby storage unit. "Taurus!" Lucy yelled, and Loke appeared at her side. "We can't find a blind spot, so we are just going to have to make one." He rushed towards Coen. "Lion Brilliance!" Lucy shielded her eyes from view, and so did Natsu. When the light cleared, Loke was behind Coen. "Regulus Impact!" He slammed his fist into Coen's back, and sent him flying forwards, straight towards Natsu. "He's all yours, Natsu."

"Alright!"  Natsu yelled a battle cry, and slammed his fist into Coen's stomach, sending him to the ground feircely. Suddenly, black vines appeared and they entangled around Natsu, wrapping around his wrists and ankles. The instant the dark limbs touched Loke and Taurus, they disappeared.