Chapter 6: The Decendant of Blackveil

Today was the first day they would try to find the descendant of Blackveil.

"Let's split up to gain more ground. Grey, you can go to the Grand Library this time and see if you can add onto what Lucy found yesterday, and you can return these documents." Erza handed Grey the papers from yesterday that Lucy brought back with her.

"Right." Grey nodded.

"Natsu, you can go around asking people again. You seemed succesful yesterday, so I'd like you to do the same. Try asking people about recent travelers arriving in the area."

"Gotcha." Natsu slammed his fist into his palm.

Erza turned to Lucy. "Lucy, go to the museum and ask the assistant when the staff started acting up, so we can get a specific date. Ask her other necassary questions as well; that might help."

Lucy nodded and smiled, giving Erza a thumbs up.

"I'll be heading to the mayor's building, to ask him about his information on the staff." Erza replied, sticking out her hand. "Good luck, all of you."

They all nodded determidly and put their hands over Erza's. Throwing their hands in the air, they split up in different directions, and set to work.

-----------------------------------------------------

Lucy opened the doors to the museum, and saw the same assistant from two days ago sitting behind the front desk.

"Excuse me?" She noticed for the first time the name tag on the assistant's shirt. "Excuse me, April Warner?"

April's head shot up from her paper work, recognizing her name. "Oh, it's you Lucy. What brings you here?"

"I'd like to ask you a few questions, if that's okay."

"Sure thing, just give me a second..." April put her papers away, and came out form behind the desk.

They walked over to a lounging area, and April smiled. "So what's this all about?"

"I'm getting different peices of information in trying to stop the mischief of the Fire Light. So, I need to ask you a few questions to help clear the path a little bit."

April nodded. "Alright. Whatever will help stop it, I'll help in any way I can."

Lucy smiled, relieved. "First off, when did the staff first start acting of it's own accord?"

April thought for a moment. "About a few months ago, after we had it in out possesion for a week or so."

"I see. Did anyone new come into the museum?"

"What do you mean?" April asked surprisingly.

"Was there any new employees around the time it started acting up?" Lucy restated for her.

"No, I don't think so. There was no information about a new employee, and this town is really social, so everyone would know even if a normal traveler came passing through."

That must mean the Blackveil descendant must have gotten here without anyone knowing. Because he couldn't have been here already, otherwise the staff would have started to act as soon as it got here in the area. 

Lucy bit her lip.

"Oh wait." April replied, scratching her head, trying to recall her memory.

"What?"  Lucy asked, puzzled.

"I remember Mr. Coen coming in to replace someone around the time the staff started acting up..."

Lucy gasped.  He's the one?!