Chapter 27

That weekend, I thought it would be a good idea to go out to Camden with Kian, Izzy, Nina and Ben as a type of welcome back for Ben. I asked Sophie to come too but she decided she'd rather go shopping with Katy White, one of Cara's friends. Camden is my favourite place in London because there is always something different to find there, and the food in the street markets is absolutely delicious. Not to mention it is a total hub for indie rock. So we took the tube and there we were. Annoyingly, Oscar was tagging along too, because Izzy invited him. I was still scarred from waking in on them making out.

I watched as Kian looked at the eccentric Camden store fronts.
"These are pretty cool." He commented.
"I know right? But, I think we'll skip some of them." I replied.
"Why?" Kian asked. Everyone giggled.
"Can't have a hippy town without the pot!" Ben clapped Kian on the back.
"Ahh, okay. I get ya." Kian answered. I detected a hint of unease in his tone.
"Hey, we forgive you. After all, your a foreigner." I smiled and reached for his hand. He returned it. I knew it was hard to feel like an outsider.
"So what are we doing for food?" Oscar asked.
"We could go to KFC?" Ben smirked.
"Don't even joke about that, Benjamin North! No chain restaurants in Camden. What a waste of time!" I hit his arm lightly.
"To be honest, there's probably less chance of getting food poisoning in KFC..." Nina shot Ben a bright smile. She hated KFC. So, it could only mean one thing, she liked Ben. I gave her a practically unnoticeable wink. She rolled her eyes and proceeded to flirt shamelessly with Ben. He was lapping it up. I was happy for Nina, because Ben was the total opposite of her ex Daniel. And Nina deserved so much more than a Daniel. Once we had some sort of amazing fajita things to eat, we decided to split up. Oscar said he wanted to get some new shoes so Izzy volunteered to go with him. It was weird that it was almost like she was his guest instead of mine now. That left Nina, Ben, Kian and myself to roam around the stalls and pop up shops. We were there for about half an hour when I got a call from Izzy.
"Oscar got his shoes, and he just got a text from his friend Joeseph asking if he wanted to go on a double date to the cinema. You don't mind if we go, right?" She asked. I sighed. I missed having Izzy around. But she was in a relationship with my brother after all.
"Fine, but you owe me a costa date, okay?" I replied.
"Yeah, course. Okay, well, we have to go get the tube now, bye!" She sang.
"What did Izzy want?" Nina asked, trying looking at a ring. Ben and Kian were talking and laughing outside the pop up shop we were browsing. I was glad they were getting along and Kian wasn't acting the least bit jealous.
"Basically her and Oscar are ditching us to go on some double date at the cinema." I rolled my eyes.
"No! Ugh, is it just me that still believes in sisters before misters?" Nina exclaimed.
"I would have said something, Nina, but it's my brother. He'd just get angry at me and we're still feeling a little awkward from that fight at Sophie's party." I shrugged. Nina gave me an understanding look and went back to fiddling with bits of jewellery.
"Hey, can we go get something to eat again, I'm bored!" Ben called.
"You have zero patience! Well, I've got to get a few things so why don't you and Nina go find a cafe and text me. Kian can stay with me." I smiled. Ben smirked at Nina.
"I don't see why not." She said innocently, and the two of them set off. I walked out of the shop and approached Kian.
"What do you have to pick up in Camden market?" Kian asked.
"Nothing, silly." I tapped him gently on the nose.
"Well, Ava. Aren't you just a sly little match maker?" Kian grinned and tucked a piece of hair behind my ear.
"Yes, and a very good one." I replied, beaming at him at sunlight began to cut through the winter chill.