Chapter 15

It wasn't until I heard the rumble of my phone beside my head that I realised that Kian and I had fallen asleep watching American Horror Story on the sofa. I coughed and answered the phone, careful not to wake Kian, who was still asleep. My head was in a groggy haze, so I didn't even look at who was calling when I touched the green button.
"Mmm, yeah?" My voice sounded as if I was a twelve year old boy who's voice was starting to break. There was no sound of words, just the sound of spluttering and that sort of hiccup crying. I sat up a little and looked at the screen.
"Sophie? Calm down and tell me what's wrong?!"
"It's Ha...Har..oh my god, I can't!" And the line went dead. That's weird, Nina was usually the drama queen. I rung her up again.
"Now, calm down. Where are you?" I asked, my tone mimicking that of therapists I'd seen on tv.
"I'm at Costa." She finally said.
"You're crying your eyes out in the middle of Costa?"
"No! I'm in the bathroom."
"Where are Nina and Izzy and Harry?"
"Well, we went ice skating and it was so much fun. Like, Harry and I were those couples who go round holding hands and everybody coos at. And then Nina said she wanted to go shopping and so did Izzy but I thought Harry would be sick of doing stuff with all of the girls, so I suggested him and I go to costa and then go for a walk or whatever. Harry didn't seem to mind the idea of shopping which was weird but we haven't really had much couple time recently, so we went to Costa anyway."
"Are we getting anywhere near the point here, Soph?" I cut in.
"Yes! We were in Costa, and we were sitting down and talking normally. And then there was an awkward silence and eventually he looked super bored and took his phone out and basically ignored me. So I asked if he was okay. He said he was but we needed to talk. Then he told me that all though I was beautiful and sweet and whatever, he didn't think we were really all that perfect for each other." She tailed off, and I knew tears would be rolling down her cheeks by now. This was crazy. Harry bought her a pandora ring just a few weeks ago! They'd been totally love sick with each other.
"And the worst part was... he.. he said he liked someone else. And like he didn't just think she was fit. Like really properly likes her. What a fucking man slag! I bet he likes one of Cara's disgusting little bimbos! I can't believe I was so fucking thick!" At this point Sophie sounded a tad hysterical.
"I have to go, someone's coming in. But, can you do me a favour, as my oldest and most trusted friend?" She spoke like she was giving me a brief.
"Um, right?"
"Find out who she is?"
"Oh, you have got to be joking! I don't want to be the stalker girl!" I exclaimed. Kian's eyes shot open.
"How long have I been asleep? Why are you shouting?" He muttered. I placed a hand over his mouth.
"I'm not asking you to go full on binoculars and GPS, just keep an eye on him?"
"Wouldn't you rather be mature about this? Look, do you really like him?" I asked, biting my nail.
"Yes, duh! I wouldn't be having a mental breakdown in Costa if I didn't!"
"Okay, okay! Then the answer is simple." I said, a wicked smile began to form on my face.
"What?" She asked.
"Do what you do best. Make him beg to have you back."
"I know but this time it's him who's breaking up with me AND he likes someone else!" Sophie whined.
"Okay, well it just means we have to pull out the big guns." I said.
"And by that you mean?"
"Have a party. You're parents would be okay with that, your aunt Victoria lives next door. And if it is one of Cara's slaggy minions, then you can knock the socks off Cara's birthday party to put them in their place."
"Kay, but who says 'knock the socks off' anymore?" Sophie questioned.
"I think you're missing the point, sweetie." I stated.