Chapter 5

We spent the day together just playing Outlast Two. At around seven though I tell him that I have to head back. 

"I'll see you later," he says as he walks me to the door. 

"Bye babe," I say and turn to kiss him. Our kiss last longer than I meant for it to but neither of us seem to mind.  Finally I put on my headphones and start my walk home. I make sure to use Soul Search all around me so I can pick up on malicious intent before it even gets close to me. I don't pick up on anything though. When I reach my house I see Caleb and Ethan outside leaning against Ethan's car. A dark blue 2015 Ford Fusion. Seeing his car reminds me I have to go online and make an appointment for the DMV to get my license. I was supposed to do it after my birthday. 

"Hey guys," I say pulling off my headphones. 

"Hey Virge. How was your day?" Ethan asks. 

"It was great. What about you two?" I ask in return. They look at each other. 

"It was amazing," Caleb tells me. Ethan smiles with relief and stands up straight.

"I'm glad you had fun. Well, I should go. Bye Virge. Bye Caleb," Ethan says still smiling. He goes around to the drivers side and climbs into his car. He drives off with a final wave. I look at Caleb who's watching the car with a dreamy look on his face. 

"Coming?" I ask as I gesture to my house. He snaps out of his daze and follows me into the house. 

"So? Tell me everything," I say as we sit on the couch. 

"Well first we went to this little diner where we had lunch. We sat there for maybe an hour just talking about stuff. Then we went for a walk through downtown before going to the movies. When the movie was over we went back to the diner for dinner. After that he drove me back here and..." he says but trails off. 

"And?" I push. He bites his lip to conceal a smile. 

"And he kissed me!" Caleb squeals. 

"Oh my god!" I say clapping my hands together. 

"So he finally told you," I add. 

"Yeah. Earlier at the dinner he mentioned that he was bisexual but I didn't realize it meant he liked me until he kissed me. Unless..." he says with his voice going lower.

"Unless?" I ask. 

"Unless he doesn't like me. What if he just kissed me to see what it was like to kiss a guy? Or what if he only felt like he had to because the whole thing felt so much like a date? Or maybe-" he questions but I cut him off. 

"Don't be stupid Caleb. Of course he likes you. Ethan wouldn't kiss you if he didn't like you. He isn't like that," I tell him. He smiles again. 

"You're right. He's just so amazing and perfect. I can't believe he likes me. You know?" he tells me. 

"What's not to like?" I ask seriously. He smiles even brighter and hugs me. 

"Thank you," he tells me. 

"Of course. Now you already ate but how about some shakes. Vanilla ice cream with orange soda and we can watch something before bed?" I ask him and he happily nods. I go into the kitchen to make our shakes while he sets up Netflix.

I grab two cups and put some ice cream in each one. Then I grab the orange soda and add it. After mixing them both up to make it into a shake I head into the living room with them in hand. 

"Here you go," I say handing one of the cups to Caleb. 

"Thanks," he tells me. We watch more of the Arrow as we drink our shakes. An hour or two passes by when Caleb yawns.