Chapter 2

He sits next to me and looks over at me with a smile. A fake one but a smile nonetheless. 

"Look. I'm sorry for acting like a dick at lunch," I tell him reluctantly. 

"Don't worry about it. Although I'd like to know what I did to piss you off," he tells me. 

"Besides touching my boyfriend?" I question him. 

"Would you prefer I touched you?" he asks as he grabs my hand in his. "If you want to lose an arm," I tell him as kindly as possible. He simply laughs and pulls his hand away. 

"Don't worry. Although your friends, including your boyfriend, are attractive they're not my type. Other than Logan your friends don't seem very bright anyways," he tells me as he opens his textbook. 

"Excuse me?" I ask him. 

"Just saying. Patton is too naïve and not very bright is he? Roman seems a bit dense as well. Logan and Ethan seem to have some brains but I still don't like them very much," he continues. I stand up, ready to punch him but the bell rings. 

"Is something wrong Crane?" my teacher asks. 

"No," I say darkly as I glare at Joey. The asshole just has a smirk on his face. I can see he doesn't mean everything he just said but that's beside the point.

After class I stop Joey on his way out. 

"Stay away from my boyfriend and my friends," I tell him simply. 

"Gladly," he responds back. With that said the two of us walk in different directions. I walk down the hallway with a scowl on my face. 

"You look pissed," Ethan says when he sees me. 

"I am pissed. I should ring that assholes neck," I tell him darkly. "How dare he insult you all like that?" I continue. 

"Hold on. Who?" he asks. 

"That prick Joey. He insulted you guys," I tell him. 

"What did he say?" he asks so I tell him. 

"Wow. He is an asshole. Well at least he won't bother us anymore," he tries to reason. 

"True but I still want to kick his ass. I mean, I'm not going to but I still want to," I tell him. He laughs and wraps his arm over my shoulders. We walk out of school together and each sit on the grass to wait for the others. It doesn't take longer than five minutes for all of them to get here. 

"Hey baby," Roman says when he sees me. I stand up to meet him and he kisses me softly. 

"You two are adorable together," A girl's voice calls out. I turn to see Britney walking down the main path with her friend.

Roman smiles and asks me if it's okay if he comes over. 

"Sure. What about you guys?" I ask my friends. 

"I'm going to Logan's house," Patton says as he looks at his boyfriend. 

"My brother is visiting so I'm going to head home," Ethan tells me. 

"I have to head home as well," Darren mutters. 

Roman and I say our goodbyes before heading off to my house. We walk the five minutes while holding hands. When we reach my house I unlock the door. My moms car is gone so I'm guessing she's still at work. 

"You hungry?" I ask but he shakes his head. 

"Well I'm starving," I tell him and he chuckles. He heads into the living room and sits on the couch. While he pulls out his homework I go to the cabinet and pull out a cup of noodles. I peel back the top and put it in the microwave. I hit the button for three minutes and head into the living room. As I reach the couch I get Roman's attention by putting my hand on his shoulder. He looks up and I smile at him. He moves his book to the side and lets me straddle his lap. My hands go to his neck while one of his hands rests on my waist. The other cups my face and pulls me into a deep kiss.