Here Comes Birthzilla

🌸Marinette

His face is the funniest and most adorable thing I've seen in a long time. We are not the best of friends, but I have noticed several things about him. Like he's not the type of person who asks those kinds of random questions at all.

Which makes me think that he is really trying to have a casual conversation, and from his expression it's not going as expected. Fortunately, I love that kind of weird and interesting talks.

"I'm not sure, to be honest. A few years ago I would have answered you in a second. Hugo, Louis, and Emma. But, many things have happened in my life since then."

I can see how he wants to make a disgusted face but he tries to stop himself, and instead makes a strange grimace that makes me laugh.

"Just say it Damian, I can take it." He is hesitating to answer, probably thinks it's a trap. I don't know what this man has that I find so charming. Seeing this side of him where he lowers his barriers even a little bit is extremely refreshing.

"I feel like they lack personality. I don't know any Hugo that you would say wow, I want to be that boy." A big laugh comes from my lips. I can see him a little more relaxed.

"We can't all have a badass name like Damian or Hayden Wayne. Although I honestly think it's all thanks to the last name, it sounds pretty good." At first he seems delighted but when I finish speaking he looks a little offended. I'll say it again, and as many times as necessary. Adorable.

"Hugo Wayne doesn't sound a bit as good as Damian Wayne." He smirks. And, I have to admit it, he's right.

Today for the first time since I've met him he is not wearing the Academy's uniform. When I went to his house a few days ago he decided to keep it on so I wouldn't feel out of place, which made me realize he's more considerate than I expected, looking at the little details. Damian looks ridiculously handsome, he's dressed entirely in black, which makes his beautiful green eyes much more striking, and his hair is not as perfectly styled as it is every morning, giving him a slightly more laid-back look that suits him just as well.

I can't think of a person more different from Adrien, but I still don't know if I'll be able to deny for much longer how good I feel lately when I'm around him. Maybe sunshine wasn't my type after all.

"Okay, so what would you call yours, king of the badass names?" He answers almost instantly, without thinking.

"Despite what I told you, I like to think that my children will have such great personalities that no matter what name they have, they will make it completely their own. A Daniella who despite having such a sweet name can be as tough as she wants to be, or a Dylan who is so iconic that you can't imagine naming her any other way."

I thought he was going to feel embarrassed for speaking in such a personal way, but when he finishes speaking he just starts daydreaming. He is imagining his answer? I could use daughters like the ones Damian mentioned. Ugh, I'm thinking of children again when he doesn't even give me the time of day. I have a problem.

The way he spoke was quite unexpected. Almost as if he was seeing them in his mind, it melted my heart. I never imagined Damian Wayne so excited to have children, he seems to have a much clearer idea than mine. I never got to think about their personalities when I imagined my future with Adrien.

🗡Damian

"They sound like worthy bearers of the Wayne legacy." She says teasingly.

But they really are. All three of them.

I feel embarrased for directing all the conversation to this topic, but with all that I have lived these days it's difficult to think of anything else. I think that somehow I needed to talk about them, say something, so that my brain finally realizes that what is happening is not a dream or an illusion. It is ironic that the person I chose to speak about it is her.

My cell phone starts ringing, great, what I needed.

"What do you want?"

"You have a lot of attitude for someone who stole my car, little devil."

Marinette begins to cough slightly, but loud enough for the fake detective to hear.

"Who are you with? Let me guess, with the future owner of your fortune?"

"It's none of your business, idiot."

"You know if this idea of getting married and having children still doesn't convince you, I'm happy to take your place."

"Uncle Timmy can we go get some ice cream?" What's Hayden doing with stupid Drake? It seems he can't stay home alone for a few hours.

"I'll kill you both as soon as I see you."

"Hi dad, say happy birthday to mommy for me, yes? And a hug too. Gotta go, byeeeee"

"Hay-" He hung up on me. I turn to see Marinette, who looks at me curiously, but decides not to say anything. Today is her birthday and it not occurred to our son to tell me before?

"I'll be back in a second." She nods and I walk to the bathroom.

"What, demon?"

"Hand me my kid, quick." I don't know what is my need to remind him that he is my son, as if he didn't look identical to me.

"Yes, daddy dear?" He definitely inherited Marinette's cheekiness.

"Today is your mother's birthday? Why you didn't say anything? You're always talking, but when I need to know something you don't even mention it." I thought I was being a bit harsh but I hear him laugh. I forget that I raised him, no matter what I say or do, it's not a surprise to him.

"I thought you knew. Don't worry dad, in spirit of truce over our prank this morning, I'm going to help you take a real step with her once and for all, take her home in about two hours." I don't think this will end well, a good word to describe Hayden Wayne is Extra. We will probably get home and find an elephant with a big happy birthday sign.

"Oh, and don't forget to make her tell you it's her birthday as soon as possible, we can't leave any loose ends." He hung up on me again. It seems my son has already decided for me.

Upon returning to the table, I convince her to order dessert to keep her here as long as possible and give our boy enough time to plan everything. I decide to go with the direct method to get her to admit that today is her birthday, pretty sure It's going to work. Now everything else is up to Hayden.

🎨Hayden

"I need you to stop being so slow for once in your life, we have less than two hours to achieve my vision, and I wasted enough time fighting with the bakery." The three of them start laughing in my face.

"You were asking for a cake with decorations and techniques that will not be invented for about 5 years, H."

"Thanks for telling me that 20 minutes later by the way, quite helpful, 10/10."

Now I understand why dad always complains about them, in my present they just have to be the funny cool uncles, so these attitudes usually seem totally amazing to me, but right now I'm seriously thinking about shaving their hair while they sleep. I'll have to think more carefully about how to shave Uncle Timmy but that can wait.

"Who knew our dear nephew would become Birthzilla."

"I'm going to explain something to you. I think we already know each other well enough, I have spent every hour of my stay here with you. You know that I am very easy going, laid back, and fun. But, I'm not going to stop for anything or anyone, when it comes to making the women in my life happy. Which in this case are D1, D2, and my mom. Guess who taught me that? So, I advise you to move and do what I asked."

"You are so charming that it is easy to forget that you are the son of the demon." Uncle Jay jokes while putting on his helmet.

"And you still don't know my mom."

🦋Author's note:
More Hayden And Mari time soon, and Mari finally meets the Wayne's💙 as always, votes and comments mean everything to this author🥴💙