Here Comes BW II

🗡Damian

As I watched the twins fight, talk, laugh, I noticed something that left me speechless. They have her exact face, but just like Hayden, I can clearly see parts of them that do not correspond to Marinette. In their gestures, their way of speaking, of thinking. All three are perfect combinations of her and me.

I kept trying to register that those two beautiful and definitely skilled girls (I'm sure one punch from Dylan could knock Drake out without a hitch) were mine, when the inconvenience appeared in the form of my father.

His eyes moved from Hayden to me and back until he formulated his theory. After that, he began to stare at the twins, their green eyes twinkling.

"This is actually happening? Or I got hit harder than I thought?"

I expected Hayden to jump up to him and introduce himself, or for the twins to say something, but nothing happens. When I turn to see them, I see Hayden and Daniella on either side of his sister, hugging her. Dylan looked on the verge of tears, we were all scared but no one had any idea of what was happening.

"Everything okay, guys?" Grayson's voice returns them to the situation, and Hayden goes back to his normal self.

"I'm not sure I should say grandpa to Batman, how am I supposed to introduce myself? Mmm, Okay, I'm Hayden, your son's son. Saying it like that shouldn't make you feel to weird, right?"

Honestly these 24 hours since the arrival of the boy in front of me have been chaotic to say the least, but now the only thing I can do is laugh.

Now that I know whose child he is, I can clearly see her in him. That response couldn't have been more Marinette Dupain-Cheng like. He was awkward, charming, and direct at the same time.

Everyone turns surprised to see me, dad looks stressed. "What are you laughing about, Damian?"

"I know that when you see him, you can only see an exact copy of me, but the reality is that he is so much like his mother, is adorable." Did I say the word adorable? That's new. But, he really is.

"Like he told you, he's my firstborn, Hayden Wayne. And my twins, Dylan and Daniella Wayne. They're here on a... visit."

I don't know what possessed me to take the initiative like that.

But, the truth is that I am proud of them. Proud my children can turn out to be people as lovable and noble as Hayden, or as talented and intelligent as the twins. Which I find surprising because I'm not usually proud of anyone but myself. It feels weird, but good at the same time.

Dylan jumps into my father's arms, and he lifts her effortlessly. She looks surprised and starts crying loudly, gets off his shoulders and runs into the house.

"Oh, Dyl." Hay whispers, both kids look sad for her, but at the same time really calm.

"Could any of you explain to me what's wrong with your sister?"  Hayden looks at me in surprise, and I can't blame him. If I didn't know myself better, I'd think I really sound like a father.

"Dylan has had a rough few weeks. She has been trained practically since she started walking by grandpa. As you could witness, she is an expert in multiple combat styles.

He has taught her everything she knows, she even calls him Coach out of respect.

But a month ago, during one of her trainings, Grandpa started to feel exhausted. The reality is that he is no longer young enough to be training boxing with his energetic firecracker of a granddaughter." Hayden explained, and Daniella continued.

"Father hired her a new coach, but the idea that grandfather is getting old is taking a lot for her to assimilate. I don't think she can imagine a world without him. Probably seeing you so young and strong, carrying her without a problem, should have made reality clearer. And she's not ready to face it."