Chapter 3

Our father looked at us and said "well lets take you to see Alfa Luke in his office. He has been wanting to see how much you two have grown since he has last seen you."

James and I followed our parents down the hallway towards our new Alfa's office. I dragged my feet. I really didn't want to meet the Alfa. I wanted to be with my friends.

(James P.O.V.)

I was going to miss my friends that I had made since we had been apart of the Firestone Pack. We had been with them for 11 years, but I couldn't wait to get back to our original territory of the Silvermoon Pack. I missed my old pack mates and I wanted to get back to my normal routine and back to the training for a future beta. My best friend was Xavier, and he was going to be the future Alfa of the Silvermoon Pack.

I felt bad for Aaliyah though. She was so much closer to her friends of the Firestone Pack because she had only been four when we had moved here. She wouldn't remember anyone from the Silvermoon. Maybe she will remember Xavier though. She was close to him before we left. He always had kept a close eye her when she was little and chased away anyone that was messing with her when I wasn't around to protect her.

Mom had called our Dad and told him we had to stop to get Aaliyah at her friends house and then we would be on our way.

Aaliyah got into the backseat and she was wiping tears that were running down her face. My wolf whimpered. He could feel the pain and sadness she had.

She put her headphones in her ears to block everything out and shortly feek asleep.

When mom finally turned to go down the road to go towards the pack house, I turned around and told Aaliyah to wake up, that we were almost there. She looked so cute when she first woke up and wiped away the sleep from her eyes. She made me think back to when she was little.

Mom then had said she couldn't wait till Aaliyah and Xavier met again, to see how they would act since they were now much older. When I felt Aaliyah pop her head up, I shook my head and said "Ali was too young mom, I doubt she will remember Xavier. She was only four when we left from here, remember?"

When the pack house came into view, I smiled. Finally we were here, my wolf was restless from being in the car so long. I couldn't wait to go for a run with my old friends and catch up.

I heard Aaliyah's heart start to beat faster. As we got out of the car, I took a deep breath through my nose to take in all the smells of our territory. As I did, the smell of pine needles, the fresh air, and Aaliyah's nerviousness hit me. I knew she would be nervious. We had lived in our own house when we lived in the Firestone Pack, and had to always becareful in our wolf forms because of our human friends and neighbors. Here we would be living in the pack house, where most of the pack lived, and at any time you turned your head, you were likely to see a pack member in wolf form.

I turned towards her and said "Ali, calm down, you will get used to pack life." I smiled as she took a deep breath, taking in the smells around us. I could see her eyes flicker between her human sapphire blue and her wolfs' light blue. She would be doing her first shift in about four days on her birthday. I was glad her wolf was showing herself.

We walked into the pack house and saw our dad coming down the stairs and grab our mother into his arms. After a few minutes, dad had tucked mom under his arm and said that Alfa Luke had wanted to see how much we have grown. We followed him down the hall towards the Alfa's office.

I was hoping that this wouldn't take too long. I really wanted to look for my old friends and go for a long run to get rid of all the energy I had from the ride