Chapter 2

I soon fell asleep, only waking up when James said we were almost to the Silvermoon pack house.  I sat up, rubbed the sleep from my eyes and run the brush I had in my backpack through my hair a few times.

Our mom sighed with contentment and said that she couldn't wait to see how me and the Alfa's son, Xavier, were going to get along since we were now much older.  I looked at her like she was crazy.  James had shook his head at her and said " she was too young mom. She won't remember Xavier or anyone else.  Aaliyah was only, what, 4 years old the last time she was here."  Now I was even more confused.  I've never been here in the Silvermoon territory before, have I?

My thoughts were pushed to the side as the pack house came into view.  To say it was huge would have been an understatement.  If I could estimate how big this house was, I would say that you could easily fit the White House in it atleast twice.

All of a sudden I began to feel nervious.  Why was I so nervious?

We got out of the car and James started smelling the air. "Ali"he said to me, " you will be ok, you will get used to this again, I promise." I looked around and took a deep breath of the woodsy air.  The smell seemed to calm me a little bit more.  Since I am so much closer to shifting it calms me even more than usual.

I couldn't wait till Tuesday.  Since today was only Friday, I had four more days till I turned and shifted for the first time. I was so excited, even though they say that the first shifting is the most painful.  I started to think about what my wolf was going to look like. Our dad, Edward, was a dark gray with black legs and his left ear was white.  Our mom, Angelique, was a chesnut brown with a white right paw.  I used to say our mom had dipped her paw in some white paint and had tried getting it off on our dads left ear but they couldn't because it dried and after it had dried they couldn't ever get it off no matter what they did.  Thinking of that I stifled a giggle.  James turned to me and cocked his head to the side trying to figure out what had me giggling.  James' wolf was what I guess you could say a normal looking wolf color.  His was a light gray but he had a black muzzle.

As the three of us walked into the pack house, I saw our dad walking down the stairs to where we were standing in the doorway. He was smiling and growled as he pulled our mom into his embrace and kissed her sweetly."How I've missed you three" he stated as he tucked our mom under his arm, close to his heart. Our molm sighed happily because she was back in the arms of her mate.

I really don't know how my mom and dad could stand being away from each other for so long as they did.  From what I have ever learned, is that once we find our other half, our mate, and we fully mate,  that we can't stand to away from the other for more than a few hours at a time. 

That, I am not looking forward to since I really don't care about finding my mate.  I do care in a way.  My mate is the only one that can make me feel complete and that I complete them.  No one else can.  But really, going crazy and going into a "heat" once you two first touch.  Which makes the she-wolf want to jump her mates bones, which ends up them being fully mated.  Making them go crazy when they can't be around eachother... See what I mean.. Well once you fully mate eachother, the male, bites you and marks you, showing that you belong to him.  Your scents mix together and so each mated werewolf has a unique scent.  This shows that once a female werewolf is mated that she is taken and not to mess with her.  But being a mated wolf is also dangerous.  If a rouge wolf comes along and wants revenge or wants something for any reason at all,  all they would have to do is capture / kidnap one of the mates to get what they want, or they could kill the she-wolf and render the male useless.  The male would lose the will to live and just be a shell of nothing.