Chapter 1

I am not really good at giving a description of the story since I am not sure where I want this story to go.... I really didn't know what i wanted as a title either because I am just starting this story. There may be some sexual content in this, but I will warn you before that chapter so you can skip.

This is my first story I have written....so with that I am sorry in advance if I jumble anything and you get a little confused. When you leave a comment all I ask is to please be nice. I am not sure on how this all works soo if you give any help ... thank you

and  please fan / vote / comment .. thanks mel

Chapter 1

(Aaliyah POV)

My name is Aaliyah Woods.  I am 15 years old, have sapphire blue eyes and long black hair.  On top of that I am also a werewolf.. I have an older brother named James.  We both go to Saxton High.

It is the middle of summer and I was giddy with excitement because my friends, Amanda, Joshua, Erin, Duncan and I were going to the beach today.  It was something we haven't been really able to do lately since that have already shifted and found their mates.  Not really having time for anyone else.  My friends were so lucky.  Amanda and Joshua are mates.  Amanda had shifted two weeks ago and had found out that her boyfriend Joshua had been her mate.  She had been so happy. Amanda had been afraid that fate would be cruel and she would have someone else ... someone that she didn't know.

Duncan had already shifted a few months ago (he is 3 months older that the rest of our friends). He hadn't known who his mate was until a few days ago when Erin had shifted on her 16th birthday.  Duncan had already been at my house that day, and looked like a crazed fool that morning when Erin finally got to my house.  He had stiffined up and bananas when he got her scent. I thought he was going to go mad because he couldn't get off the couch fast enough to get to her and scoop her up.

Amanda had started to jump up and down clapping, until she looked at me.  With our close group of five, I was the one that still hadn't shifted yet, the one that couldn't be lucky enough to be a mate to one of my guy friends. On that day I still had almost a month before my birthday.

Sighing, I pushed the memory of that away as I looked away from my calendar and went to my dresser to find my dark blue bikini to change into.  I now had two more weeks till my 16th birthday.  As I was slipping on my blue jean shorts and black tank top, my phone started to ring.  I saw that it was Amanda and said hey.  She said that they were almost there and to get my butt in gear.

I went downstairs and hollered for my mother.  I looked outside and saw that her car wasn't in the driveway and our dad still wasn't back.  I thought is was odd because our dad usually was back before the weekend, and it made me a little nervious.  I went to the sink and got a glass of water.  I saw that my mom had left a note on the fridge saying that she was taking my brother James to the mall for some things.  I got another piece of paper and wrote that I was going to the beach with the gang and that I would be back for supper.  As I was taping the note on the fridge, I heard Joshua honk the horn to his Jeep Wrangler.  I ran out the door still wondering what was going on and why our dad still hadn't gotten home yet since he has been gone all week with the Alfa of the Silvermoon Pack.

See my Uncle Ryan, my dads older twin brother, had been the beta of the Silvermoon Pack and has gotten extremely sick and unable to do the duties of a beta.  As my dad is his twin, and our family used to be apart of the Silvermoon pack at one time,  the job automatically goes to our dad.  This is why he is usually gone, but he is usually home for a while on the weekends.

~~~~~~~

After a few hours of swimming and laying in the sun, we decided to head back home.  On the way back, I had started to think about my dad again.  I knew that the position that our dad had, would require us to eventually move to the Silvermoon pack and leaving the Firestone pack and our friends.  I was hoping it was not soon. I wanted to have as much as a "normal" high school experience as can be and graduate with both my human and werewolf friends.  But that feeling keeps coming the longer I think about it, that something is going on and I won't be getting what I want.

~~~~~

I was pulled out of my thoughts when we had pulled up into my driveway and we saw that my moms car was home and that my brother was carrying some flat boxes into the house.  I jumped out the back of the jeep and looked at my friends with a sad look.  Amanda looked back at me and said to call her later if I needed to talk. I nodded as I turned back around and walked up to the house.

I went into the kitchen where I heard our mom talking on the phone with our dad.  I sat on one of the bar stools as I listened to her.  "Of course Edward, you know we were hoping to stay a while longer, but I understand that you are needed there full time.  I know we really need to be there because we are missing so much since we are not at pack meetings. Yes I miss you too mate and we will be together again soon."  With that she hung up the phone and sighed as she looked at me.  Aaliyah, you are so much more like your father than James.

I have always been told that I was going to be a great wolf.  Just because of my determination, always looked for the good in things, protective, intelligent and caring.  Everyone says that I get it mostly from me dad and that I can get away with anything because I am pretty like my mother. I really don't think of myself as beautiful.  I think I look plain and just simple. 

I looked into my moms green eyes and asked her how much longer we had left here.  She told me that the moving truck would be here in the morning and that we would be leaving before the end of next week, so we had to start packing now.

I went up the stairs to my room and saw the stack of boxes leaning at the foot of my bed. I took my phone out and texted Amanda and Erin that the time had unfortunately came, the news i hadn't wanted to hear for another two years. We were moving and were going to be gone before the end of next week.

I jumped into the shower and let the hot water cascade over my body.  I didn't want to move away from my friends and sure didn't want to start a new school.  I stepped out of the shower whe the water started to get cold.  When I walked back into my room a saw that neither of my friends had texted me back, so i decided that I would go ahead and start packing some of my clothed from my closet and dresser, leaving only a few sets of clother for the week. Once I had finished all of this, I was that it was almost 11pm.  With that I labeled the boxed as my clothes and climbed into my bed reading the days to come.

The week was almost over with, all over belongings already packed in boxes.  They were currently being loaded into the moving van by James and a few of his werewolf friends.  Since we were going to be leaving for the Silvermoon territory tonight, our mother said that once everything was in the van, we could spend a few hours with our friends and say our goodbyes.

My friends decided that we would all meet up at Erin and Duncan's and that my mother would just stop by there to pick me up since it was closer to the direction we were heading to.  My mother agreed since she knew that our leaving was having a harder effect on me than James, because I was always with them.  She couldn't have been more right either.  The tears I had been holding in hadn't started until she had pulled up into Erin's drive, saying that it was time to go and that we still had atleast an 18 hour drive ahead of us. Before leaving, I had my friends promise to call me every day. I climbed into the backseat, turned on my ipod as our mom started driving towards my doom.