Cheerleader

"Hey, Potter. Do you mind if I sit in your section? I don't want to bump into Malfoy." All the students were making their way to the quidditch match, Kacey walking along side the Golden Trio. "Of course not, just don't cause any trouble."

"Got it."

The Slytherin sat with her few friends. Ron in the middle with Harry at his left, Hermione to his right. The girl was seated beside the other. "It's nice to finally have another girl around, the boys get rather annoying sometimes." Hermione was finally starting to warm up to her. Kacey was getting closer and closer to getting to Potter. She was treading carefully though.

"I don't know how you put up with them." They shared a giggle, growing quiet when the teams came out on their broom sticks. Her head shot up as names were called.

"Cedric Diggory!" He waved to the crowd, noticably looking for someone. He found her. She wasn't sitting with her house, put the pink rose tucked behind her ear gave it away.

"Woo! Diggory!" She cleared along with the other students that were rooting for Hufflepuff. He gave a simple thumbs up before drawing his attention away from her.

"Smite, you know Diggory?" Hermione looked at the girl with a confused expression, she had just got here. Did she speak with him already?

"Oh, yeah. He's nice, isn't he?"

"Indeed he is.." She had a smug look on her face as she turned her attention back to the match. The rose. The Hufflepuff boy one of Draco's boys mentioned. It had to be Cedric Diggory.

"So, what does the seeker do? I know you're one, Harry." Kacey leaned over to look at Harry, clearing her throat softly to make sure she caught his attention.

"The seeker's job is to catch the Golden Snitch, the match doesn't end until its caught."

That must have been a big role then. All the pressure was on his shoulders. But, who was the Slytherin seeker?

Kacey noticed a familiar RavenClaw playing, the girl from the Great Hall. Cho Chang, she was their seeker. This was someone else she would have to look into. Perhaps Hermione knew about her. Or Harry, she saw them exchanging looks. She noticed how the girl looked at Cedric, and how she looked at her with envy.

Cedric was flying behind Cho, they were obviously chasing the snitch. He was trailing close behind, but Cho was fast.

"Come on Cedric!" She continued to cheer and clap for him, all her attention was on him.

"Is that the Smite girl cheering that bloody Hufflepuff on?" Crabbe gently nudged Draco with his elbow, earning a grunt. "I believe so. What does she see in that fool anyways? He's not even good looking." He was getting frustrated. Was this jealousy? Did he envy the boy? No.

"I mean, he is a gentleman. He's very nice to practically everyone." Goyle added on, instantly regretting what he had said.

"Shut your mouth!"

"The Golden Snitch has been caught!"

"Who?"

"I didn't even see anyone grab it."

"I hope it was Cho."

"The winner is.. Hufflepuff!" The crowd went wild, students jumped up and tossed up their scrafs. Cedric was tossing his fist in the air, spinning on his broom. For once, Kacey seemed truly cheerful. Jumping up and down with the other students in her section and shouting.

"Go Cedric!"

Cedric found himself waiting behind. He tried his hardest today, there was a special guest in the crowd. The familiar scent of roses filled his senses when someone had approached him. Arms wide open for a victory hug.

"Great job out there Cedric!" She spoke in a cheerful tone as she englufed him in a hug, gently ruffling up his sweaty hair.

"Thanks for coming, and cheering me on. It really encouraged me." His arms were around her waist for a brief moment, until she had stepped back. "Where are you going after this?"

"No where, I was going to head back to my common room." The air was thin, no tension. It was truly a nice moment. Suddenly, there was an unwanted presence. They were not in sight, but they both could feel it.

"Look at this, love birds." Draco cooed teasingly, Goyle and Crabbe at his side. "Is this the Hufflepuff boy I heard about?" He looked to Cedric with a look of disgust, scoffing before he turned away.

"Yes, now get out of here Malfoy. I don't want to cause another scene with you." Cedric took a step in front of the girl, shielding her with his own body. He was the biggest there, being two years ahead of the other students. He was even taller than Draco.

"Or what? Your boyfriend is going to chase me off?" He snickered, Goyle and Crabbe chuckling along with him. "I heard you cheering for him, along with his other fangirls. You're not special, Smite. You'll be nothing but another Cho Chang to him."

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

"Shut your mouth Malfoy, you know nothing." Cedric was starting to get defensive. This was a side she had not seen before. The gentle Hufflepuff was radiating waves of anger. It was almost scary. Almost.

"I hit a nerve, tread carefully Diggory." Draco suddenly yanked the rose from behind the girl's ear, one of the throns slicing her skin. She let out a whimper of pain. Cedric pushed Draco back, turning to the girl. "I'm sorry I didn't stop him in time, did he hurt you..?" The both heard the cakcling of the three boys as they walked off, satisified. "Just a small cut on my ear, nothing maj-" she wasn't able to form words when the hand of Cedric tucked her hair behind her ear gently, his eyes peering down at her as he examined the cut. "Just a little bit of blood, does it sting?"

His mood changed all of a sudden, but she could tell his shoulders were still tense. "No, I'm fine.."

Is she.. is she letting her guard down?

Cedric was noticing a new side. This side was quiet, shy, easily flustered, maybe even sweet..

"Let's walk, I can show you around school."